Freshly Baked ReMixer Challenge 2008 (Phase 3: Match-Ups, Mixing, March 16th Deadline

Ramaniscence

IT DEFINITELY WASN'T ME

Oh well... I was looking forward to seeing how it'd turn out. Plus, I think it would actually sound REALLY pretty on piano.

I'm already coming up with some ideas for Hailfire Peaks. Let's see how it turns out, shall we?

I thought the Live and Learn thing was a pretty cool idea. Maybe I'll cover it sometime with guitar and piano, and let you know if you want to hear how it turns out?

Additionally, my new matchup is SWEET... but the NSF link on the Wiki page is broken.

Well...I just had a huge remixing binge last night...stayed up until 4 AM last night, pretty much finished it, now I just gotta balance the tracks, EQ em to the best of my "knowledge" and fix a bit of dissonance here and there, then I'm good to go lol.

Man, I'm still trying to come up with ideas and stuff! You are clearly Mazedude in disguise. Unless it sucks. :P

For the record, I was going to allow for 1 more re-roll, but I slept all day. Which means...

EVERYONE HAS 24 HOURS FROM NOW TO RE-ROLL (UNLESS YOU'RE LOCKED IN), even if you already re-rolled, you get 1 more (if you haven't re-rolled yet, you still only get 1. We don't have enough songs for that).

If you haven't seen it yet:

Match-ups are on ThaWiki

Locked in challenges on the first first post.

ALL MIXES ARE LOCKED AT 10PM EST TOMORROW NIGHT.

For those of you locked in MIXING PERIOD HAS STARTED and ENDS MARCH 16TH AT 11:59PM EST.

Keep an eye on first post for more updates.

So there's a 0% chance of Live and Learn? That's sad.

Dnt be so sure: Iv already almost finished the layout for my track (processing will take the whole month, but I'ld get bored just twisting knobs and hearing the same thing on repeat), and Iv always wanted to mix somthing from SA...

Difficulty. More HARD requests than SKILLED mixers. Submissions had to be padded to ensure first time mixers were less likely to get stuck with stuff they couldn't handle.

How do you classify a hard request? Anythings possible with a little creativity... I dunno, I guess I came here imagining abstract requests, and my track is anything but.... its got a tune harmony beat and a concrete chord progression, I guess I just dont feel too challenged (freshly). I'm not gonna reroll, cos Iv pretty much finished my current, but if you could give me an idea of a hard request, I might snidely turn up the corner of my mouth, glare my eyes and nod my head as if I'v just been challenged to a duel in a cliche western...

rofl c'mon Abadoss you're a good composer :P why you bother with rerolling? I'm not too fond with the source tune I got but I managed ^^

If I'm going to get a piece done in a month, I need a little inspiration. I haven't yet caught it. If I don't get it on the third try, then I'll just have to buckle down and chip away at it. I can usually finish a piece - with inspiration - in about six hours. Without, it's more like several years.

How do you classify a hard request? Anythings possible with a little creativity... I dunno, I guess I came here imagining abstract requests, and my track is anything but.... its got a tune harmony beat and a concrete chord progression, I guess I just dont feel too challenged (freshly). I'm not gonna reroll, cos Iv pretty much finished my current, but if you could give me an idea of a hard request, I might snidely turn up the corner of my mouth, glare my eyes and nod my head as if I'v just been challenged to a duel in a cliche western...

There's always my Novastorm request...

If I'm going to get a piece done in a month, I need a little inspiration. I haven't yet caught it. If I don't get it on the third try, then I'll just have to buckle down and chip away at it. I can usually finish a piece - with inspiration - in about six hours. Without, it's more like several years.

There's always my Novastorm request...

Yeah I understand Abby...when I get inspiration I have to get it down real fast, otherwise I'll forget :S. And when I don't have one, its just bleh.