OCR02046 - *YES* GoldenEye 007 'Creeper at the Train Depot' *RESUB*

Palpable

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19050 - 1st version

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22641 - 2nd version

• Goldeneye 64
  • Disused Military Depot
  • N/A
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vn8uPmyd0g
  • Third time's a charm right? Nothin special really to say about the mix since all the inspiration got canned with the second sub. While I feel this is everyone elses song now, continuing to work on this has helped me grow a more as a musician, so I would like to thank the people in the forums for all the help as well as Brian, Greg, Andrew, Jack who gave me some pointers last but not least the jerks on the judges panel =P(lol j/k) particularly Vinnie who helped me outside of the panel and tolerated my nagging about what else should be done so thank you again guys for all the help I am deeply grateful for all of it =).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/download_file/12212 - 113 "Depot"

Hard for me to remain objective about this one having heard it so much, but it sounded like just a pass to me when Rashad last sent it to me and it still does. Some elements could be balanced better and it gets crowded when the cymbals are present, but the elements are still clear. And let's face it, the arrangement is pretty darn kickin'. Let's see how others feel.

YES (borderline)

A few minor balance issues, like the hand percussion being a little too upfront, but overall I was really feeling it. Sounds clicked together well, and the amount of creativity in the arrangement was incredible.

Speaking of awesome arrangement, there's a great attention to detail, especially with the percussion and on the bass. The melodic additions were really well thought out, and there is a lot to love here, with multiple cool takes on the theme.

I'm really glad you stuck with this, dude, it sounds awesome, and I think you really stepped up as an artist. :-)

yes

Eh, I liked the older version better. Sorry.

NO.

I keed, I keed. This sounds great man. Don't immediately recall the old version since it's been a while, but I almost prefer to evaluate this with that kind of re-fresh perspective. There's lots of cool and fun ear candy going on, and I think the EQ sounds great. If the Matrix and the James Bond franchise had a baby, and there was a ninja/spy fight scene in that movie, this should be the soundtrack. Source relativity remains thoroughly intact, and the execution is groovy. Third try is indeed a charm. :)

Also, I think since you mentioned that you felt that the mix is not as much "your" song now as much as "everyone else's", I think that while it's good to stay *true to yourself* and all that, it's also important to learn the art of objectivity in your music. There's a difference between writing to accommodate someone else's feedback, and being a *sellout*. (I "like" to put "things" in *stars* or *quotes* in this "vote" it *seems*). It's OK to let others influence your music from time to time, but that doesn't have to mean that the mix is no longer yours or anything. And it's cool that you acknowledge that it's helped you to grow as a musician.

YES

I feel like we've all learned a little something here today. This mix was brought to you by the letter Y, and by Honey-Nut Cheerios.

• 4 weeks later...

I liked this the first time it was sub'd and it has certainly been improved since then. Arrangement is varied (uncommon for this genre) and uses the source so it's both identifiable but not a carbon copy. Mixing sounds pretty good, like OA I heard some minor balance issues and some clashing frequencies in the synths. However nothing that brings it down a lot.

I won't go into much more detail, this is a solid mix and it really deserves to pass now. Good work man!

YES