OCR FG 4: TMNT Tournament Fighters

Arek the Absolute

Hello and welcome to the 4th Overclocked Remix Fighting Game tournament. The name of the tournament has changed, and for a good reason. We no longer are going to limit this tournament just to arcade games. Fighting games from all systems that can be emulated are now available.

So welcome to the now newly named yet same old style thread for fighting action on ocr!

Selected by last tournaments winner, EpicPoster, this tournament shall be Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters for the Super Nintendo.

In this tournament, we shall be doing the "round robin" format. Rules are simple for this. Matches are to be played under "hi-speed 1" and are to be 90 seconds long.

You will be playing best 3 out of 5.

We will be using ZSNES as the emulator of choice for this tournament. Along with the emulator, it is mandatory that you download Hamatchi, so it is needed to be able to "netplay".

Practice hard and "kick some shell"!

Also, don't forget to check out our archive thread to see past tournaments and results!

Hello and welcome to the 4th Overclocked Remix Fighting Game tournament. The name of the tournament has changed, and for a good reason. We no longer are going to limit this tournament just to arcade games. Fighting games from all systems that can be emulated are now available.

So welcome to the now newly named yet same old style thread for fighting action on ocr!

Selected by last tournaments winner, EpicPoster, this tournament shall be Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters for the Super Nintendo.

In this tournament, we shall be doing the "round robin" format. Rules are simple for this. Default settings are mandatory.

You will be playing best 3 out of 5.

We will be using ZSNES as the emulator of choice for this tournament. Along with the emulator, it is mandatory that you download Hamatchi, so it is needed to be able to "netplay".

Practice hard and "kick some shell"!

Whatever happened to "Day 14?"

If the deadline to signup is 14 days from now, when does RR end?

Oh, and btw, Epic declared HI-Speed 1 and 90 second rounds.

Oh shit I forgot I even had that AOL SN :lol:

man thats an old one. I actually go under the name "SGGambiani" these days.

Tried to go with drake before but sadly its common.. and I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE names or even using names that have numbers in them...

Ok get on AIM real quick there's one more thing...

Okay I just put everyone from last tournament in.

Atmuh said something about being really really pressed for time, so I will probably take him off the list.

There are two changes to the format. The effects are mostly visual.

1) Instead of "losses," the first tiebreaker is "games played." This changes nothing and is simply there for positive reinforcement and appearances.

2) Instead of "points," the second tiebreaker is "percentage." It is simply (fights won)/(fights won + fights lost). The numbers change slightly, to have a more balanced system - you no longer get points for "unplayed" fights. The effect is also mostly visual.

I don't think that we've ever gotten to the second tiebreaker to decide a playoff spot, so it's likely inconsequential.

imagehe6.png

^ AI is like that in almost every video game. Humans on the whole are much smarter players than a CPU ever could be. That's why fighitng games are best against other people.

And, I'm afraid I'm going to have to bow out of this particular tournament because of school work and life and such. I'll probably be around on certain weekends for casuals if I decide to find this game, however.

Since I'll be scarce in the near future I'll just take this time to say I've had a blast playing you all in various games. There's nothing like coming together with like-minded people and enjoying a good fighting game. Have fun in my absence

I just got home from work so Im on now...

is it gonna be planned times..?

I ask because I work from 8am to 4:30 pm and only get home till 6 or later daily, except for the weekends as I am free on them... D:

Where do you live, btw? This isn't a big issue but when we use kawaks, this is important for choosing servers.