OCR00178 - Final Fantasy VI "Relm's Weepy Loop"

m68030

Final Fantasy VI 'Relm's Weepy Loop'

I love the loop in this one. It's got a great grainy lo-fi sound that

just fits right in with the gentle piano line. McVaffe is no stranger to your

ass, because he's kicked it many many other times. Just bend over and

let this one have it's way with you. Don't worry, it'll be gentle.

• 3 weeks later...

i remember being in a funk one day and playing this for two hours straight. don’t remember why. since then, i’ve used this mix for any day when i feel fucked (a frequent occurrence). i s’pose the reason i can listen to it so often is because its optimism sharply contrasts my bad disposition..

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I like this song alot - it's very sweet! But I have a question, and I've never played FFVI before, so you'll have to bear with me, but why do I hear "Eyes on Me" from FFVIII in there? Sorry if this is a dumb question... Anyway, keep up the good work!!!

~kairicc

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, I'm gonna be the first to say something negative, just because I'm like that. This is great and very relaxing, everything is wonderful and lovely, and I enjoyed this mix very much, BUT those drums are driving me crazy! lose them! I heard the first four notes and thought, "hey, this is gonna be a good one" then came the drums... :x Of course, im just a fan of the orchestral/piano thing, so I'm probably the only one who thinks so.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Power-packed with uplifting emotion, this is an example of why McVaffe is the man I miss the most out of all of the artists who've moved on from the community. Monkey Machine, another ReMixer from days gone by, said it all: the lo-fi and piano hit the heartstrings. This is one of those cases in which I think a mix is so good it could replace the original in a remake.

Thanks, 'Vaffe, wherever you are. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Brilliant, it seems that Vaffdude can´t do a remix that´s bad, this is clealy no exception. As a pianofreak like myself, I totally digged this remix, and for the rest of you, download it anyway, it´s sweet, got characters and it has some real good drums to it. :D

• 2 years later...

I'm really feeling the lofi vinyl-looped drums and the strings here; I think the piano could have used a little more delay for it to be perfect, but this still something pretty awesome. Subtle melody changes throughout, and a nice balance; it evokes a rainy spring day. I think it follows the source a bit too verbatim, but there was enough deviation to save this gem from the lockdowns, though probably just barely. I certainly wouldnt complained about some additional expansion or interpretation.

Of all the OCR artists, I think Mcvaffe is the most represented in my personal playlist, and tracks like this are a pretty good example why.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Very pretty rendition of the theme; a little like the younger brother of a sweeping orchestral version of the theme. I like the gounded feeling of this, and also the added injection of modern style to the mix.

It's a perky version, but not too saccharine; a perfect balance of sweetness and melody. I also enjoyed the changes in arrangement and the altered direction of the notes. Maybe it is a tad amiable, but being a McVaffe mix of utmost quality, it's a hard ditty to resist. A pleasure.

• 5 years later...

Early McVaffe with a good take on Relm's theme. What can I say, any mix that makes me halfway enjoy Relm's theme is a-ok in my book. While not my favorite of some of McVaffe's work, it's still a decent mix from a game that had it's share of easily assessable themes to play with. Nice work.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00178 - Final Fantasy VI "Relm's Weepy Loop"