Contact Info

Tchai

Colin Brigato

Colinbrigato440@msn.com

userid : 41324

ReMix Info

Final Fantasy 6

Remix Name : A World of Decisions.

Hi, I’m french (so please excuse my bad english) and I discovered OC Remix 6 month ago. I’ve always loved FF6 music, and particularly that damn “Decisive battle” song. Then I decided to start playing it at the piano, but I haven’t good skills on internet so I didn’t find the score-sheet, then I decided to make my own “decisive battle” song at piano.

Hmm.. I'm assuming this is a live recording, because it sounds kind of centered and there's a lot of ambiance. If it's NOT live I would suggest cutting back on the reverb. If it is, I would try to use a stereo enhancer or imager of some kind to make it sound less mono. Otherwise the production isn't bad.

In regards to the arrangement, it's got some pretty good ideas to make things interesting. However, you skip over chords in some cases and I think you shouldn't do that as much. I would go easier on the pedal to make sure things don't sound too mushy. There are some nice variations, however, the piece is too short and repetitive overall. You basically have like.. 45 seconds of ideas which are more or less repeated a few times before the song just ends abruptly. Most of the time you're not changing your motifs which doesn't help (left OR right hand). What you have isn't necessarily boring, but you DO need to change things up.

Here's something to consider. Write out a few different left hand patterns/motifs and try to work those in as you repeat. Also, take a look at the large form of the piece. Maybe add a section where you have some of your own original material mixed with other themes from FF6, for about 30-45 seconds, before going to a bridge section that transitions back to a climax with the decisive battle theme? Something along those lines. Mess around and see what you come up with, and run it by the people in our IRC chat (#ocremix / #ocrwip) and our WIP forums.

NO

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=ff6 - "The Decisive Battle" (ff6-124.spc)

2:05-long? I must say, this decision is almost over before it's started, but we'll still see where this goes.

Short and sweet, the atmosphere indeed sounds messed up at times. The arrangement was somewhat personalized, but short and repetitive. Basically 2 playthroughs of the melody, then...over. You've got to offer more than this. Listen to zircon's tips.

NO