VGDJ: The Official OCR Podcast - show pushed back to 10/24

Jillian Aversa

Break out the champagne (or sparkling grape juice): VGDJ is finally back... for the first time since 2007! Hoorayyyy!

:<What is VGDJ?

VGDJ is the official podcast of OverClocked ReMix, brought to you by hosts zircon, pixietricks, and Brushfire.

Here's what you can expect to hear:

• ReMix Reviews: commentary and song clips from the latest remixes posted to the site
  • Community Happenings: news following any current events in the community (i.e. meetups, site projects, and other noteworthy tidbits!)
  • OCRtist Spotlight: interviews and featured song clips from a different remixer each episode
  • JudgeQuote!: a random quotation from one of the judges' decisions, read by a person other than the original author ^_~
  • Russian ReMix Roulette: six random mixes spun every half hour on the front page of OCR. We roll a die to randomly select one of them, which is then played all the way through!
  • Voicemails: from our listeners!

And, sometimes...

• The Flow Basket: music tutorials from zircon to help the aspiring remixer!
  • Game Flames With Brushfire: brutally honest thoughts on various video games
  • Special Features: episodes recorded from live events such as concerts or meetups, composer interviews, etc.

A little history: the podcast was founded in 2005 by community members Rayza and Aurora -- later evolving to hosts Rayza and pixietricks, followed by pixietricks and The wingless (briefly), and finally with zircon joining pixietricks as cohost. The shows got progressively longer over the years, so our goal now is to keep them between 30-40 minutes... with the exception of "special feature" episodes (which can sometimes exceed an hour in length).

*** New episodes are typically released every other Saturday night at ~10:00pm ET, on VGDJ.net! ***

:<What will I need in order to listen?

1. A web browser

2. A media player (desktop, portable, or both) such as Winamp, RealPlayer, iTunes, Windows Media, or an iPod

3. (Optional) An XML/RSS feed manager that can automatically download new shows and import them to your media player. Or, if you have it, you can subscribe through iTunes!

Our posts on VGDJ.net feature button links to the episode mp3s and shownotes (complete with timestamps and working links to all mentioned URL's) for each week!

:<How can I get involved?

Your participation is both welcomed and encouraged! Please let us know how we're doing, and if you have any special ideas for the show. You can...

• Post here in the thread and/or in the comments field at VGDJ.net
  • Email us at vgdjpodcast@gmail.com
  • Call and leave a voicemail at VGDJ-64-KBIT (i.e. 843-564-5248 )! Or, if you're cheap, you can download Skype and call our username - vgdjpodcast - with no cost to you! If you're lucky, we'll even play your message on the show. ^-^
  • Record a bumper for us to use! ...something to the effect of, "Hi, this is (your name) and you're listening to VGDJ!" - and send it to vgdjpodcast@gmail.com as an mp3 or wav file.
  • Chat it up in IRC at enterthegame.com #vgdj... (and we're usually in #ocremix, too)

That's about it. Thank you to Brushfire, whose efforts have made recording the show possible again - we missed it greatly! Let the fun resume. :D

It's good to be back!

As an addendum to the original post, feel free to send us recorded "bumpers" for us to play on the show; we'll be building up a whole catalog of 'em. Just say something to the effect of "Hey, this is (your name) and you're listening to VGDJ!" (maybe with a bit more flair) and send it to vgdjpodcast@gmail.com in WAV format.

Also, in case you missed it, you can leave us voicemails at 1-VGDJ-64-KBIT ( 1-843-564-5248 ) or by calling via Skype (vgdjpodcast). This number is NOT the same as our old number, in case you were confused. 1-800 numbers are expensive. :(

That is right folks.

Here is the trailer for it. (imagination is required)

"In a world where men have no ReMixes, one team must bring the fight for what they believe in to the airwaves.

From Director Andrew Aversa, director of Titanic 2: Thin Ice, and producer Jillian Aversa, creator of Voices of the Wife Scream, comes a new era in Podcast action.

Zircon, Pixietricks, and introducing Brushfire, in the smash hit Podcast of the Summer.

(This is the part where all the music and sound effects cuts out and goes to dead silence)

VGDJ: The Next Generation. Rated PG-13 Starts Fridays at 2200 at an internet near you.

But in all seriousness, I am thrilled to be working with Veteran Judges and masters of the universe Zircon and Pixietricks. I look forward to bringing you quaility entertainment at an affordable price.

That is right folks.

Here is the trailer for it. (imagination is required)

"In a world where men have no ReMixes, one team must bring the fight for what they believe in to the airwaves.

From Director Andrew Aversa, director of Titanic 2: Thin Ice, and producer Jillian Aversa, creator of Voices of the Wife Scream, comes a new era in Podcast action.

Zircon, Pixietricks, and introducing Brushfire, in the smash hit Podcast of the Summer.

(This is the part where all the music and sound effects cuts out and goes to dead silence)

VGDJ: The Next Generation. Rated PG-13 Starts Fridays at 2200 at an internet near you.

But in all seriousness, I am thrilled to be working with Veteran Judges and masters of the universe Zircon and Pixietricks. I look forward to bringing you quaility entertainment at an affordable price.

O_O this call for action..

(1 hour later)

SUCCESS!!

http://www.geocities.com/debeerguy007/sounds/VGDJTNGPROMOKSMOCKUP01.mp3