6 Weeks of Sweat and Tears - McVaffe.com is Up!

MkVaff

I'm not that comfortable with shameless plugs, but I told people who have asked me through the years that as soon as I was able to put together a new site of my new and old work, that I would do so. And so I have, so here it is:

http://www.mcvaffe.com

So far the site contains the vast majority of my work, much of it which was created in the late '90s and early 2000's when I joined the site and began submitting remixes. It's no coincidence that my discovery of Overclocked led to what was one of my greatest periods of regular output.

The fact that I owed such a huge debt of gratitude to OCRemix and to its community members through the years for supporting, inspiring, and shaping the way I developed my sound led me to post about the site here. I searched for all of the old original remix WAVs I could find, and uploaded them in higher bitrates than I originally submitted here. As well, there are some remixes there that either didn't fit the guidelines of OCR, or ones I never quite felt polished enough to submit.

For any Youtube fans, I spent over a week creating original game captures and editing videos to some of my remixes, which to me increases the nostalgia factor tenfold. It was a ton of work but it was a great experience playing the games again and seeing Sonic snowboard down a mountain, or Mario chase a giant eel. It reminded me so much of why I loved games and game music in the first place. Link is below:

http://www.youtube.com/mcvaffe

Finally, I wanted to share part of a new project I'm working on with a close friend and artist. It may somewhat be considered an original album, but the presentation will be revealed once we figure out how we will put everything together. Short version: It's a personal project of original music based on the inspiration of the amazing composers who originally got me into game music composing and remixing. It's simple, sweet, and hopefully will remind listeners of the good old days of Super NES and PS1 RPGs from which I've drawn so much inspiration through the years. The music can be found on the front of www.mcvaffe.com or from the youtube link.

And as for a new remix, Jimmy Hinson told me to work on Earthworm Jim. And I can't not listen to Jimmy Hinson now...

Thanks for reading all my crap guys! For those who don't know I lost my job of over 11 years about 3 months ago, which was especially hard for the farewells I had to say to people I've spent years working with day in and day out. The silver lining to that event was the extra time I'm having to refocus, and work on projects like this. I hope you enjoy the site, find stuff you like, and that I may continue to create stuff that you can enjoy in the future. Thanks for reading, and for lending your ears.

Absolutely man feel free

And NEKO... it's an expression, but yeah maybe I cried. But just a little. Maybe.

Fuck, as I told Zircon, I put so much obsessive effort into my forthcoming Ambient/New Age/First ever record that I had a damn out of body experience. Its one thing when that shit happens at 3:00 AM, you expect that, but not at 3:00 PM when you're listening to your WIP for the 1,000th time and the next thing you know you're actually floating above your body and through the ceiling and screaming "Oh shit, Oh shit! I died! I'm dead! How..? How!? What happened!? Oh shit!"

I really thought for about 15 minutes that my WIP was so bad that it killed me.

Cool cool, I'll be checkin' it all out - the YouTube thing is exciting.

Yeah man it psyched me up as well. I know we usually concentrate on the appreciation of the audio aspect of games but some games have such amazing visual design that I wanted to show and help to celebrate those achievements as well. Okami, Yoshi's Island, Panzer Dragoon, SF3, and Mario 64 (for their time) certainly come to mind with regard to this.

Wanted to work on the gorgeous Secret of Mana and Zelda 3 as well - but the time to play and record all the footage was too much for right now, hopefully get to it eventually...

Hope you enjoy!