Touhou Roadshow: Intercross of Ball and Bullets

Schwaltzvald

I won't lie. When I first read this thread title, I thought the title was intercourse of ball and bullets. Get my mind out of the gutter, right?

In any case, this looks pretty neat. I never thought taking touhou concepts and putting them into a little tennis game could be so nifty.

Also, remixed music is great. Although there's like fifty remixed albums of those suckers, aren't there?

moar like hundreds of remixes, ranging from classical, electronica to even as far as rap.

Evening Star - by Godspeed

Nuclear Fusion - by Twilight Symphony

Judgement - by Memento Mori (makes me think of a Rocky Montage)

Septette for an Undead Princess - by =NeutraL=のBRIGHTNESS (circle/album)

This one even blew my mind when I realized this is a REMIX of a REMIX

Marisa Stole the Precious Thing (first mix done by IOSYS, 2nd by S.S.H)

The game TH: IoB&B uses songs redone by CrowsClaw and I think one other by Demetori.

Wait. A touhou tennis game where you have to dodge bullets WHILE HITTING THE BALL?

This better have online multiplayer, dammit.

Although there's like fifty remixed albums of those suckers, aren't there?

There's gotta be a couple HUNDRED by this point, nevermind the many many flash video's.

But as for good Touhou remixes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_f3fpaCL5U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SlD0cFixXU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLoYLhfXzRo

I've yet to play a single one of the games, but I horde the music like a rat does food.

Wait. A touhou tennis game where you have to dodge bullets WHILE HITTING THE BALL?

This better have online multiplayer, dammit.

While it has human vs human mode I've yet to try online; however I'd imagine that it would have online capabilities...

There's also

which also has human vs human options but I think you'll need hamachi to play against one another online, unless the one that plays with ya is there as well via lan

You should give the main series a chance Phalanx, never know if you'll enjoy it. :)!!

Could we get a little bit of context? What is tohou? What system is this game for?

I honestly didn't think I'd see this question for a good while as most who do not know it or care tend to be pure mac users :lol:

From Wikipedia~

The Touhou Project (東方Project, Tōhō Purojekuto?), also known as Toho Project or Project Shrine Maiden, is a series of manic shooters made by Team Shanghai Alice whose sole member is Japanese game maker ZUN, who does all the graphics, music, and programming. [1] The Touhou Project began in 1996 with the release of the first game, Highly Responsive to Prayers, developed by the group Amusement Makers for the Japanese NEC PC-9801 series of computers. The next four Touhou games released between August 1997 and December 1998 also were released on the NEC PC-9801. The Touhou Project was inactive for the next three and half years until the first Microsoft Windows Touhou game, The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, was released in August 2002 solely by ZUN after he split from Amusement Makers and started Team Shanghai Alice. As of August 2008, five more games in the main Touhou series have been produced by ZUN, along with two games made in conjunction with Twilight Frontier, and a spin-off by ZUN entitled Shoot the Bullet

From the Touhou Wiki~

The Touhou Project is a series of 2D (with 3D background) vertically-scrolling danmaku shooting games made by Team Shanghai Alice, with two fighting game spinoffs co-produced with Tasogare Frontier. They are similar to regular shooting games, but focus more on weaving through complex patterns containing anywhere from dozens to hundreds of bullets. Every game in the Touhou series is set in the fantasy land of Gensokyo, and the series is known for its huge cast of characters, well-developed storylines, and related materials such as music CDs and fan-made comics.

basically the main series is a bunch of games that are bullet hell type games with various other types of games usually done by fans or even "official" groups, (Touhou Soccer1/2, Defend the Library, Megamari ect)

There are nine official games now on the Windows platform with a 10th one (Undefined Fantastic Object = UFO for short) coming out eventually... Not to mention the old PC-98 games...

All the games from the series, from ZUN/doujin creators, are for the most part exclusively on the Windows Platform.

For a blunt answer on if the games are available to mac users... look

If you want examples from the titles here are some

Immaterial and Missing Power

gonna skip ahead as there are a few more

Subterranean Animism

and finally the demo for

; probably one of the few games I can think of atm that can have a brofist kill you. :lol:

You should give the main series a chance Phalanx, never know if you'll enjoy it. :)!!

I've always sucked at bullet hell games. It's mostly a matter of reflexes; my eyes can catch all of it and know what to do--I can see all the patterns and the best place to move, and when to do it like I'm some sort of game-geek Apollo Justice--but my fingers will be arsed to actually work with my brain half the time.

Plus, I don't have the space on my laptop for any games right now until I get an external HD, so that's out of the picture. :V

I've always sucked at bullet hell games. It's mostly a matter of reflexes; my eyes can catch all of it and know what to do--I can see all the patterns and the best place to move, and when to do it like I'm some sort of game-geek Apollo Justice--but my fingers will be arsed to actually work with my brain half the time.

Plus, I don't have the space on my laptop for any games right now until I get an external HD, so that's out of the picture. :V

When ya do, per usual, don't get frustrated.

If anything you may be seeing a lot of

or
and still enjoy them. :lol:

At worst you'll be seeing a lot ot

:lol: :lol: