STARCRAFT Son of War, Requires your help

ULTRAZEALOT

Hello

Im Ultrazealot, member of Starcraft - Sons of War's team.

We are making a new campaign set for Starcraft BroodWar (blizzzard entertainment), its some kind of unofficial expansion set, which features are a whole new interesting plot(missions), new battle units, cinematics and MUSIC (this is where we need your help)

Our graphics are going really great, but we still have no music composers for the ingame trax, and as far we know, OCremix community has the best game music remixers and composers.

Our plan, is to have new BGM for game missions, at least 2 tracks for each race.

- 2 x Terran

- 2 x Protoss

- 2 x Zerg

We need this new tracks to have the original Starcraft feel, plus all the awesomeness you can give.

this are some of the official Starcraft games BGM:

ZERG missions -

TERRAN missions - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0d2n3T4ygA

PROTOSS missions - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjQFaf9xHZg

We will credit to everyone who can help us with this (ingame specialthanks, site linking, etc); you can become a permanent member of our staff in the whole game development, or just collaborate externally making some tracks.

this is our promo site:

http://sonsofwar.uuuq.com

we would really apreciate any kind of help you can give.:razz:

regards!!

UZ

----

[if mods think this thread should be moved elsewhere (rquests, projects, etc) please do]

OFFICIAL WORKING TRACK LIST

- Terran : 2 ingame tracks (6 min each) = 1 x Sam and Long

Briefing Room (1,5 min)

Vitctory track (45 sec)

Defeat track (45 sec)

- Protoss: 2 ingame tracks (6 min each)

Briefing Room (1,5 min)

Vitctory track (45 sec)

Defeat track (45 sec)

- Zergs: 2 ingame tracks (6 min each) = 1 x Protricity

Briefing Room (1,5 min)

Vitctory track (45 sec)

Defeat track (45 sec)

- Main Menu Track (3 min)

- Tracks for demo trailers, Intro cinematic and other cinematics will be required once we have the scripts ready (still some months of working)

this is a .rar with the ORIGINAL SC soundtrack , if someone needs it for whatever:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a...018c8114394287

this is a .zip file with old music we WERE gonna use ingame, feel free to use it as inspiration or however you want :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?5y1wqotfgzo

email or post ur demo to be the creator of a track.

1 demo x track

I noticed that you guys have IskatuMesk on board - sounds like this project has quite capable hands behind it.

Unforunately I'm too noob to notice any other names on your team.

Well, all the best, Starcraft music isn't really covered amongst the OCR community, but hopefully someone will be willing.

We are expecting this project to be done within October or December this year.

Knowing the release date now makes it more manageable for people who'll want to join.

Here are some questions to help you find musicians fitting your criteria:

-What level of quality are you expecting in the music production? Average, professional?

-Is there any pre-requisites to join the project?

-Other than the 6 specific tracks, do you need any main theme of some sort?

-Do you need something else, like music for a demo-trailer for exemple?

Hoping this helps you find all the composers you need. ;-)

I would very much like to do this. I work as part of a composing team with my collaborator Long Dao, I can guarantee you a AAA quality soundtrack, my remixes on this site are not representative of the kind of score we are capable of producing. If you'd like some sort of demo, please e-mail me at "shnabubula at aol dot com".

Myself and Long are VERY familiar with Starcraft and would love the opportunity to participate in this project.

I would very much like to do this.
I don't know if you and Long are the right people for the job Sam. A soundtrack from you all would most likely be so distractingly awesome that people would turn off their monitors, turn up the headphones, and never finish the first mission. That can't be good game design.

Of course, replay value would be through the roof...

:)

I noticed that you guys have IskatuMesk on board - sounds like this project has quite capable hands behind it.

Wow, someone from here knows me?

I'm very interested to see some starcraft-related music from this place. I hold it in very high regard.

Maybe I'll throw a request of my own up for the Armageddon Onslaught CGI if I can finish it.

To be honest, I'm not sure why I didn't expect to see a StarCraft campaign leak over to OCR. I used to be a part of the SC modding community several years back, roughly about the same time Auspex Studios and Camelot Systems was still around. I had attempted a campaign much like this, called Tempest of Fire, but it didn't go very far after two years. I'm glad you've managed to get this far and have every intent on finishing it. I also endorse the recommendation of Sam and Long for the soundtrack. I'm not sure you could find better people. I also noticed that you were looking for voice actors. What precisely does that entail?

Here are some questions to help you find musicians fitting your criteria:

-What level of quality are you expecting in the music production? Average, professional?

-Is there any pre-requisites to join the project?

-Other than the 6 specific tracks, do you need any main theme of some sort?

-Do you need something else, like music for a demo-trailer for exemple?

-We would like the music to be as professional as it can be. Seeing (or hearing) that the original StarCraft BGM are some of the most memorable music in PC games.

-We need only one pre-requisite: a quality sample of your work. Something that shows to us what you are capable of.

-Right now our focus would be for the BGM in the actual game as these are what players would be listening for most of the time. However, once the cinematics finish development we would also need appropriate music scores for them, too.

-Yes we would also need music for the trailer.

-How long do you want the each of the themes to be?

We prefer the themes to be at least the length of the original themes. Although we have no problem having them longer, just not shorter.

I also noticed that you were looking for voice actors. What precisely does that entail?

We also need voice actors for our characters in the actual game and in the cinematic cutscenes. But as of right now, we are currently holding off voice acting samples until the scripts get finalized.

As Ultrazealot said, we really appreciate any help any help you could give us. Also, kudos to Sam and Long; they've already sent us their sample to our email.

Your project looks really impressive! I might be very interested, if you still need more material, in doing one of the Zerg tracks. I can send you some samples if you like.

Thank you so much. You can send us samples to sc.sonsofwar@gmail.com

GREAT. :<

finally, we need: :grin:

a) Quality level: Top-AVG, PRO

B) All tracks must be entirely original, while keeping original race's feel.

c) Tracks Needed (until now)

- Terran : 2 ingame tracks (6 min each) = 1 x Sam and Long

Briefing Room (1,5 min)

Vitctory track (45 sec)

Defeat track (45 sec)

- Protoss: 2 ingame tracks (6 min each)

Briefing Room (1,5 min)

Vitctory track (45 sec)

Defeat track (45 sec)

- Zergs: 2 ingame tracks (6 min each) = 1 x Protricity

Briefing Room (1,5 min)

Vitctory track (45 sec)

Defeat track (45 sec)

- Main Menu Track (3 min)

- Tracks for demo trailers, Intro cinematic and other cinematics will be required once we have the scripts ready (still some months of working)

this is a .rar with the ORIGINAL SC soundtrack , if someone needs it for whatever:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a9a496f05fc06ec4c79b87b207592a1cc50c5ed3784739ddce018c8114394287

this is a .zip file with old music we WERE gonna use ingame, feel free to use it as inspiration or however you want :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?5y1wqotfgzo

Anyone can help, as SgtHT said, you can email or link here the DEMO of the track you wanna create.

Ill be updating the list in the first and last post, everytime we've chosen someone to make a track.

the first is Sam and Long, who re gonna make the first terran ingame track as seen on the table.

thanks a lot for your great great support.

i love u all :<

:)

Also, in light of the Crimson Echoes fiasco, hopefully people will be more discreet with the release of this mod.

Hi! I don't know what Crimson Echoes is, but I can say this.

Blizzard shut down the SC2WC3 TC because of copyrighted artwork (And they possibly felt it challenged wc3 or something), and they shut down other projects only because they claimed to be "expansions" or were too professional looking. Rest assured I am making sure none of that silly nonsense happens to SoW. As long as SoW claims it's a fan-made campaign and not an official expansion it should never be attacked by blizzard.