E-mail address: ds.seraph@gmail.com

UserID: 21941

Game Remixed: Final Fantasy VI

Song Remixed: Epitaph

Remix name: In Memory

(attached to email)

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=ff6 - "Epitaph" (ff6-309.spc)

Once we get past the first really straightforward verse, the arrangement was awkward from :50-1:19 & 1:22-1:37. There were some shrill moments, and some of the chords sounded odd.

Not a bad concept; the production managed to make the performance sound reasonably organic. But a 2:05-long piece with repetition doesn't get it done. Develop the ideas more and smooth out of those rough-sounding spots.

NO

The arrangement isn't bad, I liked some of your writing a lot, but you have to refine it a bit. Putting all instruments in the same tonal range might be a bad idea if you want the arrangement to sound full. I also thought the samples were a bit lacking. Not the worst I've heard but the sequencing was stiff. Production-wise a lot was muffled and the soundscape was very empty, probably because the lack of bass frequencies and the thin samples.

Overall you show a lot of promise with your ideas but you have some way to go, keep it up though!

NO

I definitely like the arrangement, apart from maybe the minor bit of dissonance here and there (which never got that bad). Adds a lot to the original, giving it a flow I never felt it had, and expands it in a way that is very natural. The biggest criticism I have is the length. Could have been longer, but what's there is very nice.

Unfortunately, you've got some ways to go on the production. The instruments felt distant and muffled, and they occupied some of the same spaces too, fighting to be heard. Better samples or a more realistic shaping of sounds will help a lot. Not much to say beyond that, I wish you luck in improving.

NO