ReMixer name: Piano Forte

Email address: kriegor790@gmx.net

Userid: 16276

Name of game: Final Fantasy Adventure

Name of song arranged: Let the heart sing with the melody

Link to the remix: download "For Amanda"

Comment:

Hey everyone!

Around six months ago I've started to do a remix for FFA. I thought an orchestral interpretation of the song would do it but I was wrong. Got stuck and ran out of ideas. Pretty much because the source contains only 23 seconds of melody before it repeats itself. Anyway, a few days ago I decided to give it another try. This time piano only. And I'm very pleased with the outcome. Already shared the remix with some people at #ocrwip and #ocremix who helped me to improve the song here and there. Thanks to you guys!

So, basically I composed some new melodies to stretch the length of the remix, keeping in mind that they had to flow perfectly into the source song. I hope you can spot the original melody =D. Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Awesome source tune choice. Simple but beautiful; there are some other piano renditions of this around the net, and it translates very well.

http://www.zophar.net/download_file/15343 - Track 16

Overall volume was too quiet, IMO, but it's purposefully genteel.

This would sound pretty strong if the piano was richer. Piano sample isn't the bees knees. Initially, I thought it got the job done. But listening longer, I've heard samples like this exposed much worse, but over the long-haul, I actually don't think the sound quality holds up well enough.

I'd also argue the arrangement was too liberal. I liked what I recognized though. It's not enough to play original stuff on top of a foundation using similar rhythms to the original, even if the source tune is short. Stick more closely to the theme while creating variations and incorporate the theme overtly for more than 50% of the track. Correct me if I'm wrong on the arrangement though, guys. Regardless, the production did drag this down enough.

Hope we hear more from you, Alexander!

NO

• 2 weeks later...

I did catch the source melody somewhere in the first half, but the rest was original. Sorry, it's not gonna meet our dominant source usage criteria. I did like what you did with the song a lot. The new writing is reminiscent of the rhythms and chords of the original, but strays a bit far.

The piano sample was a little muted, sometimes it was hard to hear the left-hand stuff, but overall, production was not bad. That's not going to make the difference here but since you subbed, figured I'd give you some crits there. I'd love to see more from you, something which uses the original VGM song more overtly.

NO

I don't have much to add here really. The overall level is a bit quiet, the sample could be better too. It sounds a bit muffled and almost like lossy compression at times, might be the reverb though. Arrangement was liberal to the point I had a hard time spotting the source, it's okay with original ideas but don't let them carry the track!

This shows a lot of promise for future arrangements though so keep it up!

NO