*NO* Donkey Kong Country 2 'Pickin' Out the Fleas'

Liontamer

Remixer: Sixto Sounds

Game Remixed: Donkey Kong Country 2

Track Remixed: Swanky's Swing

*****Project Track!!!*****

Giving credit where it's due, this was heavily inspired by Steve Vai's "The Animal." I tried giving this track the same feel but also wanted to do some things a little different. The horns are probably horrible since I know nothing about brass instruments, but it's something that just sounded good in my head. Hope it sounds good to your ears. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/download_file/9728 - "Swanky's Swing"

Steve Vai - "The Animal"

Well I like the track, but comparing this to "The Animal", it uses too much from a non-VG source to be allowed. I checked out the live performance; the bassline from 1:12-1:33 & 1:49-2:10 is the important part. The breakdown of where I heard that bassline part adapted for the mix:

:10-:20, :58-1:05, 1:08-1:28.75 (11 secs worth), 2:00-2:41, 2:46-2:48, 2:51-3:12, 3:17-3:22, 3:54-4:01.75

104.75 seconds or used during 41.57% of the track. It's not a foreground element, but it's an integral part of the mix, and it's way beyond "extremely limited usage". And to be honest, from 2:00-3:22, the source was an afterthought compared to "The Animal." Maybe the whole thing breaks 50% source usage, but even if so, I'd say 2:00-3:22 could probably use at least something to refer back to the original.

In any case, this is probably a done deal and it's a great combination of the two tracks, but not an OC ReMix. Looks like this one's gonna be album exclusive.

NO Override

Yeah, that's probably too much pulling from "The Animal". Your song uses it pretty heavily, feeling like a mash-up of Vai and DKC. There's parts of the song where it's not just the bassline, but also the guitar, which brings that element front and center. I can see how you were inspired by it, because it definitely plays well with Swanky's Swing. Pretty awesome track, but I don't think it's kosher for OCR. Thanks for being honest about your inspiration - it sucks to figure these things out after the fact.

Source usage is also just below 50% by my count, though I'd probably give that to you since it's on the border.

NO Override