Hi.

Here's the link to the submission:

As to the info requested:

ReMixer Name: Freelance Samurai

email: npovoa@gmail.com

user id: 27548

Name of game: Arkanoid

Individual song arranged: main theme

About the mix: based on the game intro "After the mother ship 'arkanoid' was destroyed, a spacecraft 'vaus' scrambled away from it. But only to be trapped in space warped by someone...", inspiration from the idea of escaping said 'warped space' and subsequent lonely journey home, in a tiny small spacecraft.

Cheers and thanks!

Nuno

----------------------------------------------------------------

http://old.exotica.org.uk/tunes/archive/C64Music/MUSICIANS/G/Galway_Martin/Arkanoid_PSID.sid - Track 2

Well, it's definitely a unique take on the source in an interesting style. The way the samples were used didn't expose them too badly. I'd just say develop this more. 1:15 sounded like a sloppy loop point.

Right now, this functions more like a brief, minimalist cue than a stand-alone piece. I'm cool with a piece that stays in first gear, but it still needs to develop and evolve more. 2:10 is not really enough length to get it done. If you'd be willing to work on this further. See what else you can do with it while continuing to develop the arrangement of the theme.

NO

As some people might be painfully aware of I'm a big supporter of minimalist music. However, I think this arrangement (being a video game arrangement aimed for OCR) needs to be developed more. I, personally, really like the first-gear approach but feel that you need to actually evolve the actual theme and not only the harmony. Also I think the samples used are a bit too weak to be the only melodic element carrying the track.

If you improve the samples a bit (or find new sonic possibilities) and manage to evolve this melodically and/or harmonically (I suggest listening to some Philip Glass or Steve Reich for inspiration) I think this could be very interesting. Right now though, it's not there.

NO

I feel like there are some seeds of a remix here, not a full remix. I like minimalism, but I think there has to be some detail to make up for the sparseness or simplicity, and I wasn't getting it here. Good atmosphere, no knocking that. Some samples that have more nuance and clarity to them would help out, or just adding more elements, if you feel that wouldn't alter the piece too much.

NO