*NO* Street Fighter 2 'Red Dragon'

Liontamer

Hey everyone!

We're not entirely sure if this is blatant overkill with your AMAZING OST coverage of SSF2THDR having hit OCR itself already, but we did our own Ken arrangement as well!

SFIV and HD Remix rekindled our love for the old SNES days where we'd beat the tar out of each other, and with that, the music as well.

Ken's theme and stage always stood out to us, along with that lonely girl on the boat... err, anyway--

We hope you enjoy our take on Ken's theme!

Again, if there's anything wrong with it, don't be afraid to let us know in all your critically acclaimed power! XD It worked wonders last time for Castle of Tears!

Details:

Your ReMixer name:

Digital Element a.k.a. DigiE.

Your real names:

Maurice Willems & Sanjay Sampatsing.

Your email address:

NemesisTheory@gmail.com

Your User ID:

Additional details:

Name of game(s) arranged:

Street Fighter II - The World Warrior.

Name of individual song(s) arranged

Ken Stage.

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.

Not too sure what more I can say, the trailers for SFIV hit and it was just a blast back to the past with all the classic characters returning.

Add that with getting back into SF2 with Turbo HD Remix, it just really hit us;

Street Fighter is awesome. Initially we had a bit of a hard time figuring out which stage to remix, but like

I said before, Ken is something of a hallmark for us, it was the simplest choice to make in the end!

Well, that's about all she wrote! We hope you guys like it!

We don't have a reserved web space anymore, so I'm gonna attach the song to this email. :)

Best regards,

DigiE.

---------------------------------------------------------------

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=sf2 - "Ken Stage" (sf2-09.spc)

Short and sweet. Good energy, but conservative, and I'd argue on the underdeveloped side in terms of the melodic interpretation. The high frequencies also seem cut out for some reason. Leaning toward NO. So, this could use some further interpretation & development, as well as a boost of the high frequencies, which look like they got lopped off.

Main melody never changed, which was disappointing, but actually my biggest criticism with the song is the similarity to Clamato Fever! The way the beat drops in at 0:19 is pretty much dead on, and it's just a very similar structure and style, going half speed at the same parts and even adding a guitar synth at 1:53. There was a cool solo at 2:18, which added some originality to it, and I liked the new staccato synth, but this needed more than that to differentiate itself IMO. I'm glad you guys were inspired by the game, but it sounds too inspired to me. :-P

NO

I'm with my fellow judges here. Borderlines on underdeveloped, especially melodically. It's also compressed to hell and back which makes it even more pumping than Clamato Fever (which it was quite obviously inspired by). There's some high frequencies missing and the sounds get drowned out in the compression but behind that I hear some promising stuff. Some of the arrangement is quite good actually and energetic.

Overall though I think it's in need of some more personalization (especially since it's very similar to Clamato) and the production needs to be taken up a notch. Keep at it though!

NO