*NO* Super Mario Bros. 3 'Fire of the Mind'

Liontamer

Hi, included is a submission of my band's recent recording of the Underground Theme from Super Mario 3. It is in the middle of an original song, but for the submission I have edited it to just the Underground Theme. It will still be called Fire of the Mind though.

The remixer name is MarbleGarden. Our website is myspace.com/marblegarden. Our real band name is Marble Garden, but my name is Angelo. ID number is http://www.ocremix.org/forums/member.php?u=27366

Enjoy!

This is a cool idea lacking in execution, just like Jesse said. As an arrangement it's way too liberal and the production has some issues (noises from the drums at :13-:16 for example). Your band has obviously got the skills but this is mainly an original song. If you're interested in creating an arrangement originally made for OCR I'd be interested to see what you come up with.

I can't sign off to this track though.

NO

This already has the 3 NOs, and I've got nothing new here, but I vote on everything anyway.

http://www.zophar.net/download_file/14692 - Track 12

As was mentioned, the theme was there the entire time with the perc patterns and bassline without exception. But once the original writing entered the picture at :25, the source tune was relegated to the background where it was barely audible. You guys marginalized it, when it should have been emphasized.

If this had been mixed with the new writing in the background and the source theme in the foreground, and the source melody and perc had more interpretation/variation, this would have been a contender. This isn't a bad arrangement, but it de-emphasizes the source tune too much, and, when you strip away the additive parts, doesn't get interpretive with the source material. Would love to hear you guys perform a more involved and developed version of this arrangement.

NO