*NO* Final Fantasy 6 'Farewell, My Love'

Liontamer

Hi this is my first submission ever, so I might do things wrong, well i'll try my best to follow the instructions on the website

so my remixer's name : Chalalagne

My real name : Gabriel Cyr

my email adress : peacefull76@hotmail.com

I have not subscribed to the forum yet. If need be, just let me know and i'll do so right away.

The game's name: FF6 aka FF3 in the US

The tune : Epitaph

This is an orchestrated version of my favorite tune from FF6/3 with a little hint of Ravel's Bolero (was'nt intended but seems to sound a bit alike).

P.S. the "sml" at the end was just a way for me to separate it from the 320 kbps version and is not by any mean part of the title.

Thank you for listening !

If it does not qualify, any info/feedbacks would be apreciated !

--------------------------------------------------------------

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=ff6 - "Epitaph" (ff6-309.spc)

This did have some additive writing, and the tempo was slowed, but the structure sounded exactly like the original, and the mood wasn't particularly different.

Loops at 1:35 (and a bunch of other points) with some more new supporting writing added each time. It was basically the same core melodic ideas with no variation/interpretation there. Expansion is a reasonably fine arrangement approach, but that's got to be in conjunction with other aspects of interpretation, IMO. The textures were decent if not 100% cohesive, but the amount of melodic repetition doesn't bear 7+ minutes by a long shot. Shorten this track, and get more interpretive with the melodies.

NO