*NO* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 'Lullaby Elegy'

Liontamer

The name for the remix is "Lullaby Elegy"

Here is the Link to the Remix:

Contact Information

* Your ReMixer name: Steven.Bonnell.II

* Your real name: Steven Kenneth Bonnell II (Alex Molini playing the piano)

* Your email address: Steven.Bonnell.II@GMail.com (I'm not a narcissist, really...)

* Your website: N/A

* Your userid (number, not name) on our forums, found by viewing your forum profile: 27221

Submission Information

* Name of game(s) arranged: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

* Name of individual song(s) arranged: Intro

* Additional information about game including composer, system, etc. (if it has not yet been added to the site): Already on the site!

* Link to the original soundtrack (if it is not one of the sound archives already available on the site: Youtube Link to Song:

* Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc:

Me and my friend, Alex Molini (The piano player!) both do music, we're sophomores in college, and we're pretty sure this is what we're gonna be doing with our lives in the future. Well, every time he's in town on break (he goes to school in Boston, I'm stuck in Nebraska!) we get together and just "jam". He chooses a key, then we just play and see where it takes us. I just recently purchased some recording equipment (I swear I'm not a narcissist...) and decided to record some of our playings. Well, one time I actually gave him a set of chords (from the Intro theme) and then played my melody over it, then we just played for a while, kind of following each other, then we ended it, sort of like how a jazz combo would play out of a real book (play the tune, solo over the form, end with the tune).

I'm not too sure if this adheres closely enough to the original to constitute a remix, and I'm not sure if the playing is clean enough to be considered a "finished, polished" work. Understandably, these are important aspects, though I'd like you to keep in mind that this entire piece, save the melody and the melodic quotes of the melody (redundant?), are entirely spontaneously improvised.

I'm always open to feedback and I never even considered that I could submit something I do to this website, though I've listened to you guys since forever and a year ago. If you are borderline on this remix for ANY reason (production, quality of tone on either instrument, cleanliness in playing, "excessive liberties" taken with source material), PLEASE reject it and let me know how I can make it better! I would rather a rejection and then a better resubmission than a borderline acceptance on something that could be made better! The trouble with improv performances is that I ALWAYS want to redo it because, of course, improvs could ALWAYS be better, right?!

Thanks for hearing me out!

---------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/download_file/12209 - 01 "Title Theme"

Hahahaha! Yeah, completely, and I mean COMPLETELY outside the reasonable bounds of liberalness for an arrangement. A huge majority of this has nothing to do with the original theme. I just put it on the panel because it's a cool listen.

Also, a 66kbps/32kHz is way below acceptable sound quality. Longer mixes are appreciated, but don't go below 96kbps/44kHz. So basically you have 8 minutes, tops.

Awesome performance though, guys. A very serene piece. If you ever record an arrangement that's more substantially tied to the source material, like more than 50% of the arrangement clearly using the source tune, definitely submit another piece.

NO

Yeah this was excellent, especially for being improvised. I liked that you invoked quotes from the melody in your soloing, but I don't think we can pass this. The progression is definitely not enough of a tie in my mind to count so much of it, so the arrangement is too liberal. On top of that, it would have to be >96kbps avg to fit our sound quality criteria. But yeah, I'm glad you are still eager to submit more to us. I think with a shorter arrangement that uses the source more directly, you could definitely hit the front page.

NO