Main Metroid Fusion theme (Dubstep rmx) (UPDATE 1/18) [Now With House!]

The Vagrance

The intro pads feel too lo-fi for the drums, so I agree with what was said about the drums. Maybe you can muffle them a bit and then bring them out in full for the next part. At least then it will have more variation in the soundscape.

Once the wobbly bass drops in, things really pick up. Nice use of dino sounds.

By the way, check my MC Kids wip, Vangrance, it needs more opinions. (it has a dubby section as well ;-) )

Put in a lot of work over the night, so I have a new version. If you'll notice, this'll turn into a housish thing because I don't know how to make Dubstep. Have a listen-see.

Link: http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/kgft/Metroid-Fusion-RMX

And JustChris, I'll check it out in a second, although I must mention I'm not a huge dubstep fan. I'm kinda fiddling around with it to see what the fuss is about but its not as much fun as DnB.

So, this is pretty awesome. I love the part one minute in. No complaints productionwise, but in terms of arrangement, the last minute is really empty and sourceless. I assume you're not done yet (you'd better not be), because the percussion just stops and the song fades out. Just make sure to bring back the source before the end so that the sourceless section serves as a transition between dubstep and house rather than an ending (I think the transition works pretty well, personally).

But yeah, I enjoyed it. Metroid Fusion could use more attention.

So, this is pretty awesome. I love the part one minute in. No complaints productionwise, but in terms of arrangement, the last minute is really empty and sourceless. I assume you're not done yet (you'd better not be), because the percussion just stops and the song fades out. Just make sure to bring back the source before the end so that the sourceless section serves as a transition between dubstep and house rather than an ending (I think the transition works pretty well, personally).

But yeah, I enjoyed it. Metroid Fusion could use more attention.

That was kind of the idea, to drop out the source before going into the house section then bring everything back in. Really this track started out as a house mix so I guess its all coming full circle.

I'm liking the new section! Wish I could be this awesome with drums.

Though I feel like it might be better to go directly from the transition back to the source without fading everything out around 3:30. We've already had enough of a break with the transition section, and the fadeout just loses all of the song's energy. It sounds like the song's over, and then we're dragged back in, which is a bit awkward. I don't know if other people feel differently, but that's my thought.

Either way, this is definitely going on my iPod when it's done.

• 2 weeks later...