*NO* Postal 2 'SuperCaliFragilisticExpialiMASOCHIST'

Liontamer

Anyone know Postal 2 well? If I understand it correctly, this uses melodic lines from the chanting as the base of the mix. Having heard the one chant mentioned in the letter though, that's clearly not the source - LT

ReMixer Name - N-JekteD

Real Name - Mick Gordon

Email - mick.gordon@gameaudioaustralia.com

Website - www.gameaudioaustralia.com

UserID - 13064

Link to remix -

Name of game arranged - Postal 2

Name of individual song - Music in Postal 2 works a little differently and most of the game is "silent" on the music front. However, many characters sing, for example, the anti-video game protesters that chant "games are bad, they make you sad". Therefore, I've decided to do something a little different and incorporate a bunch of these chants and one-liners into a single track.

Just a warning - this remix does contain course language.

Comments - After a bit of a hiatus, I've decided to upload a second remix! However, this time I've decided to do something a little different: Instead of choosing to remix a track or two from the game's soundtrack, I've decided to incorporate a bunch of different chants, reactions and sounds from the game into one big, angry track that hopefully sums up the chaos from Running With Scissors' 2002 PC game, "Postal 2".

The remix starts with the Postal Dude trying to relax in his trailer by sitting back with a beer and listen to the radio. But then, his relaxation is disturbed once he hears the sound of distant Police sirens heading his way (:00 - :40). Now, the Postal Dude isn't someone who's going to give himself up easily, so he readies himself and enters into a battle with the Police which I've represented with a big, heavy, angry beat with lots of guitars and big percussion (:41 - 1:13). From here, we take a trip into the mind of the Postal Dude and this section represents his psychological torment, internal anger and disregard for the world around him. In this section, I've combined ominous western-inspired guitars with samples from the game and other dissonant sounds (1:13 - 2:36). After we peer into the demented head of the Postal Dude, a reprise of the original angry theme occurs where I've combined chants and other samples from the game to further demonstrate the violence and brutality of the Postal Dude (2:46 - 3:40). The track ends on a disturbing note with another sound design scene that best to be heard...and not described.

But then all the puppies and bunnies come out and play merrily under the rainbow.

• 4 weeks later...

I played a lot of postal 2 back in the day, and the chants in it weren't very melodic at all, definitely NOT valid source material, and even if it was, totally unrecognizable in this remix. Really, this is just an original song "inspired by" type thing that's littered with sfx from the game. If the artist thinks he can prove that 50% of this is musical content arranged from one of those chants, then I've love to read it.

Which means... I finally get to say...

NO OVERRIDE!

Ah yeah.

• 2 months later...