Vagrant Story is begging to be rocked out

K.B.

Three butt-kicking boss themes:

Ifrit (efreet)

Wyvern

Anthemic bgm (starting at 1:49 you can take on the world):

Limestone Quarry

Four boss battles come to mind: Ifrit (Efreet), Wyvern, Dragon (Greyland Event Climax part 8/h), and Dullahan. They're already well-done, but if you're looking to rock the remix then these are prime candidates. Ifrit is, hands down, my favorite.

Limestone Quarry is another good choice; it's fairly anthemic. For more atmospheric tunes, check out Workshop, Abandoned Mines 1&2, Undercity, or Rosencrantz. And Truth is moving.

http://www.zophar.net/music/psf/vagrant-story.html

Solid game with good music that deserves some ocr lovin'.

• 2 weeks later...
Solid game with good music that deserves some ocr lovin'.

Don't they all need some OCR lovin'...

I just picked up Vagrant Story and I agree wholeheartedly. I'm sure the further I progress, the more convinced I will be that this game needs ReMixes! I mean, some of the mix titles are obvious: Riot Rave, Valerian Valtz, and Hardin's Harpsichord Hop, for example.

• 1 month later...

First and last bump. Four youtubes for instant previewing.

Three butt-kicking boss themes:

Ifrit (efreet)

Wyvern

Anthemic bgm (starting at 1:49 you can take on the world):

Limestone Quarry

I stand by the other recs in my first post. Dragon will be the most recognizable, though, because even folks who said 'eff this, this game is impossible' would have heard it.

As glasfen pointed out, I shouldn't have said "...deserves some ocr lovin'". That sounds prickish - not what I intended. So redo.

This game has some awesome music, yet ocr hasn't one remix of it. While that's because it's not as popular as mariozeldasonicmetroidfinalfantasyetc, and possibly also because the sample quality and arrangements are already top-tier, that doesn't mean someone here can't do something mindblowing. I've been amazed by last-gen game remixes more than once. So it would be effing sweet if one of you would take up the challenge and throw down a Vagrant Story remix.

• 1 month later...

This game has some awesome music, yet ocr hasn't one remix of it. So it would be effing sweet if one of you would take up the challenge and throw down a Vagrant Story remix.

This one is on my top priority list right now... with almost 35 other things. :mrgreen:

More seriously: one of my favorite games, one of my favorite composer.

Yet no remix on the vanishing horizon... I can't say It'll be done in 2 days, but it's coming up, that's for sure.

It'll be a solid challenge. Personally, I'll be going for the "Wyern" battle all the way.