Chill Penguin (MMX1) - WIP

KaltNacht

As I was playing my favorite Mega Man game, Mega Man X1, I sort of wondered why I had never heard of a remix for Chill Penguin and decided to fool around. This is pretty much your generic sounding trance (which I wish to make sound unique and crisp), which took me about 20 minutes altogether to make this little section of the song. Of course I hit the usual roadblock I always hit which consists of what to add, where to add it, how to make it flow, things to change, and sound quality. This is where I ask for criticism, whether it be friendly or rude, so long as it helps me out. I would love to collab with anybody, or just take suggestions.

The Source - Track #8

The Remix - Chill Penguin

Thanks for listening! :)

Gonna have a quick listen to this because I'm working on a remix of this same source. Sounds quite similar to source, except the obvious genre adaptation changes. Gonna need more than a genre adaptation to make this get on ocr, tho.

Write a progression for it, which sections comes in where, how they change... make sure you don't just copy and repeat the original. And listen to other trance, whether it's ocr electronica or other stuff, listen to the mix, the drums, the levels, that stuff, and learn from it.

The overall sound is pretty good, so I'm looking forward to hearing an update. Good luck.

As of now, it is pretty close to the original, I agree. I'll go listen to a whole lot of trance and see what I can pull out of it. I will also try and make an original song that will transition into Chill Penguin, so I can make it not sound like a straight midi rip. Thanks for the tiny reviews so far!

I don't think that would work. What they look for is, how should i put it, modification of the source tune. Like counter melodies, adding in notes, and the like. While I think this sounds good so far, you should just expand on the source tune while not making it too liberal because they'll get you on that as well, hope that helps.

BlackPanther's right, original content+source isn't the same thing as the interpretation the Js are looking for. Instead of adding original content before the source, add it to the source, stretch the source, change the order of parts, modify the melodies, change the chords, stuff like that are more interpretive and will do better with the Js. Good luck.