*NO* Streets of Rage 'Four Years Since...'

Liontamer

ReMixer Name: Fallen Seraph

Email Address: fallen_seraphx@yahoo.co.uk

Userid: 21396

Name of game arranged: Streets of Rage

Name of individual song arranged: The Street of Rage

Own comments: Wish I had something inspirational to say here; but the words just don't seem to be flowing today at 5am...meh. The track is called 'Four Years Since...' because according to the little searching on the site, it's been four years since the last Streets of Rage (1) ReMix. With that being said, I hope you enjoy the mix!

---------------------------------------------------------

http://project2612.org/download.php?id=53 - "The Street of Rage"

Solid opening. The synth at :10 was delicate, although the tone was generic. Theme picked up at :20, making more use of city SFX and ambiance before transitioning into some beats at :30. The beatwork seemed OK before some claps entered at :41. IMO, the beats were too loud compared to everything else. That was a stylistic choice, so not everyone may feel the same way.

The arrangement went on for a while without focusing on the source melody, which made the arrangement meandering. The original melodic writing on strings and woodwinds wasn't particularly hooky and also had little to do with the source besides being in a similar style, which should have been used more.

Overall, this sounded a lot more like an instrumental for a vocal track rather than a standalone piece of music, as the melodic stuff came off as marginalized compared to the groove and ambiance. Good base, but you've gotta spice it up, and make the melodies more integral.

NO

Intro chords are similar to the original but with more embellishments. The sounds and production throughout are solid, drums sound like they come from modernbeats.com or something.

This sounds more like a backing R&B track than anything, it's all here sans vocals. For this to be posted you would have to have a main lead instrument and rework it so it stands alone as a full instrumental track - or get someone to rap/sing over this.

This is good but it's missing a lead/main melodic focus.

NO (Resub?)

Cool opening indeed.

Solid (although slightly repetitive) beatwork, didn't think they were too loud at all. Sounds mostly sound great, I especially like the bells and fx. The piano sounds a little strange when it's just playing that two-note pattern, seems a bit loud and without aim but that's minor.

The arrangement is dragging after a while without no real change. Chords are used in the same way throughout without any alteration/inversion or anything that could make them interesting. Since this lacks interpretive melody usage I expected some more variation in the, now quite static, backing track.

So yeah, I agree with the previous posters. Get some more source melody (arranged or not) in there and try spicing this up. It's a solid base but it needs some more melodic focus to pass.

NO(resubmit)