Mega Man 4 'Sky Diver Inside Her' (Dive Man release)

Lie Mf B

Hi,

Here's a new Mega Man remix I've made, which will be on my next album release, which I'm currently working on. I don't really consider it a WIP, but I'm open to suggestions for improvements for the album release.

Comments are always greatly appreciated.

mp3 here: http://www.update.uu.se/~lidbjork/nintendo/LieMfB_-_Sky_Diver_Inside_Her.mp3

If you enjoy it and want to hear more of my music -- NES songs with a retro rock/funk sound -- check my site out:

http://lidbjork.homelinux.org/nintendo

Cheers!

Thanks very much for your comments everybody!

I'll lower the guitars a bit, to get the drums out slightly. Still I want sort of a "guitar assault" mix.

The panned guitars are part of my style, partly to get a live sound, partly because my rock 'n' roll influences from the '60s and '70s (even '80s and present) commonly feature that kind of mix. Also, I often tend to make dense mixes with many instruments, so I try to encourage myself to make passages with more space.

Besides, I don't agree that any single guitar parts are hard-panned in this song. :)

This is a very nice mix. The drums do need to go up a little, but I'd actually like to hear the vocals a little more clearly. I know they're simple things like "We gotta grove!" in a female/mock Robert Plant tone from what I can hear, but I think they'd better assist the song if they were more audible.

The ending doesn't feel like it has as much payoff after the slide as I was hoping for, but that's just because I'm a fan of flashy endings.

Good stuff, looking forward to the album.

• 2 weeks later...

The retarded ending was very spontaneous ... but I'll wait until I sequence the whole album before I do anything with it.

That voice is actually Alex Harvey of the Sensational Alex Harvey Band. I sampled some drums from one of their songs, to which I added some of my own drum sounds. So the voice is a little bonus stuck there in the drum sample. I can't adjust it independently, but if I raise the drums, the vocal will be a little louder.

• 2 weeks later...

Great stuff, not much else to say. :) But I have to say the upwards three note figure that plays first at 2:45 and repeats later on doesn't sound good to me, it clashes with the bass notes or something. Similar figure just before the modulation sounds fine to me.

edit: Crap, should've been more careful while listening. More that sort of stuff that sounded wrong to me: 0:42-0:43 the guitar on the right side (last note); 02:36-02:37 - two last notes/chords on guitars/synth. Can anybody else check these out?

--Eino