Programming debut

Tex

In the past few months I've been focused on my programming career. So if you go here, you will find a player designed and programmed by myself, as a request for a friend. The blog is in portuguese, but I am sure you can use the player without any trouble.

This work features a tracklist of songs which you can scroll down and up both. When a track is played, its name gets spot on and when it ends it jumps to the next song. You can choose, stop or play a song anytime you want. There is even the Midna's Theme from Zelda Twilight Princess and the Wind Garden from Super Mario Galaxy.

I am currently making some games too. Hopefully everything will turn out well.

-Txai

Good start, then.

Here are some suggestions to build on what you have done.

* Scrolling up or down currently requires single mouse clicks (the button is pressed down and released before any scrolling occurs). It should, however, support scrolling up or down at some convenient speed when the mouse button is *held down* over the up or down icon, because it's tiresome to click and click and click, and it doesn't even move one whole item up or down. (Right now you have to click many times to scroll.)

** The list doesn't stop scrolling, so it can eventually be scrolled outside of the visible area in either direction.

*** After the last song has played, the player does not scroll the list up as expected. If this player is only intended for some special one-off context, then this is okay behaviour, the rationale being that most people are used to inconsistencies when visiting various sites that reinvent the user interface experience (a negative side effect of this type of technology).

Good music, too.