Ocean City, MD Meetup, October - Interest Check

Xerol Oplan

Back in May or January or whatever I had an idea to hold a meetup in Ocean City, sometime during the off-season when rentals are cheap. There's one property in particular that looks nice, and with rental property being what it is I'd need to get a reservation in soon. The possible weekends are:

October 17-20

October 24-27

These are both Friday to Monday. I would like to arrange carpools around this as well since we'd probably only get one or two parking spots. This place is pretty cheap, $570 for the whole weekend (before taxes/deposit/etc.), and it sleeps 9 (which means we can probably cram 12 in there at around $60 a person). There's a $100 non-refundable deposit I need to make at the time of reservation so if you can definitely make it, and we get at least 8 people interested, I'd like to collect that by paypal so I can make the reservation, and then I'll collect the rest after you confirm/can make it.

This doesn't have to be the only place we rent, and I'm sure if there's enough interest we might even have to rent two places. Rental search.

So, if you're interested, pick a weekend (or both if it doesn't matter) and state your interest. I would like to know by next weekend (August 3rd) so I can make the reservation in time.

Back in May or January or whatever I had an idea to hold a meetup in Ocean City, sometime during the off-season when rentals are cheap. There's one property in particular that looks nice, and with rental property being what it is I'd need to get a reservation in soon. The possible weekends are:

October 17-20

October 24-27

These are both Friday to Monday. I would like to arrange carpools around this as well since we'd probably only get one or two parking spots. This place is pretty cheap, $570 for the whole weekend (before taxes/deposit/etc.), and it sleeps 9 (which means we can probably cram 12 in there at around $60 a person). There's a $100 non-refundable deposit I need to make at the time of reservation so if you can definitely make it, and we get at least 8 people interested, I'd like to collect that by paypal so I can make the reservation, and then I'll collect the rest after you confirm/can make it.

This doesn't have to be the only place we rent, and I'm sure if there's enough interest we might even have to rent two places. Rental search.

So, if you're interested, pick a weekend (or both if it doesn't matter) and state your interest. I would like to know by next weekend (August 3rd) so I can make the reservation in time.

possibly. Don't know about dates yet, but my grandmother has a place down there and i may be able to crash where she is.

I'm interested in going. I don't care which weekend. As for carpooling, I need to know who, and where. Also, I can carry five people total, however I'd like to keep it to 4, including myself. Not that I'm trying to be a jerk, but the fact is, it's easier to carry luggage if I have extra space in the backseat for carry-on type luggage.

But we can get to that once it's all decided.

Yeah for a weekend like this, especially if the weather's nice, you're going to want to bring a good amount of stuff. Especially since people will probably bring consoles/etc. along. I was basically thinking if zirc/pixie can come that you could pick them up and then go down Rt. 13 to OC.

To Ferret and anyone else worried about cost, it'll probably break down like this:

Condo share - $90 with $20 refunded at the end (there's a $200 deposit)

Transportation - Share of a 4 person car ride = ~$20

Food - Anywhere from $20 to $50, although I plan on bringing some bulk food for grilling if the place has a grill.

So that's around $125, I guess $150 would be a good amount to plan on spending. Certainly not the most expensive meetup in the world, it's just about as long as magfest and a bit cheaper.

• 3 weeks later...