No More Heroes

SwordBreaker

I've started playing this awesome Wii game two days ago. Wow. The style and vibe are so wacky. You save by going to the bathroom...how f-ed up is that? 8 bit icons and interfaces incredibly work well and remind me a lot of Contact DS, a previous Grasshopper game. The cel-shaded visuals are so cool, although it's unfortunate that the city itself looks so outdated compared to everything else.

Gameplay kicks ass. It's like Twilight Princess on crack...only the motion controls are implemented in a smart way unlike TP. It's so satisfying to pull off those wrestling moves. Although the city gives me this GTA vibe, it isn't as deep as you think. There could of been a lot more interactivity in that regard.

The music is incredibly cool. Lots of rock and techno. I especially love the "now loading" transition guitar riff.

Most stylish Wii game ever...and one of the most stylish games overall. It actually reminds me of when Devil May Cry first got released on the PS2.

I wonder if this game is going to be impossible to find in 6 months, or if it's going to price drop to $30 like Killer 7 and be really easy to find everywhere (for a while at least).

It looks sweet, but my massive backlog of unopened games has me banking on an eventual price drop. Hope I don't regret it, because it definitely looks awesome. Suda love!

Alright I beat this on mild just yesterday. The game is pretty short if you try to run through it, It took me only three days to beat, yet I did log in 14 hours(1/6 of the three days) I loved the music, just really sweet beats and the 8 bit musics is what boosts it even further. I loved the way it all just played out, from the stylized graphics and just plain craziness from bosses. Getting money is a hassle until the very end. Most missions were way far away from the Assassination HQ. It took about a Minuit or two to get to the place, some missions were shorter than that. It's only until latter in the game you get a mission where you have a mission that's close to the HQ. The mission was also the most paying so it was rather lucky. Game play is good in my opinion, I think its the fact that you can swing the wii-mote again while you are slowed down to do more damage. That added a sense of Dynasty Warriors and while there is only 2 buttons to press to do damage, they do have a high style and low style. So I would recommend this game if you love the button mashing style of Dynasty Warriors.

Oh, and the secret boss is one of the funnest boss battles I've had in a long time. Learn how to slide sideways after a block!

Am I the only one who saw the title and freaked out...I thought it had to do with the writer's strike and season 3... :lol:

I think CNN ran a story on the strike being on the verge of ending. Someone was offering a deal or somesuch. I went to a lecture by Simpsons writer/director Mike Reiss last night and he said that (to his knowledge) the strike was on its last few weeks. I don't know. Hearing that from two different sources in one day seems to suggest good news.

I want to rent No More Heroes so badly. I've been dying for a new reason to break out the Wii.

Am I the only one who thought the music was incredibly repetitive? I mean, I enjoyed it, but it seemed that for 90% of the game you were only listening to two or three different songs.

doo-doo-doo doo doo doooo-doo-doo-deeeee-doo-doo-doo

doo-doo-doo doo doo doooo-doo-doo-doo

Anyway. The game overall has been fun, although I haven't put the time into it in order to beat it. I believe I'm ranked 7th at the moment. My roommate's beaten it all the way, though, so I know what's ahead. Maybe that's why I'm in no hurry. (Or maybe I just feel cheated because I'm supposed to be playing Brawl right now.)

Am I the only one who saw the title and freaked out...I thought it had to do with the writer's strike and season 3... :lol:

On topic, I really want to pick this game up, seems like one of those gems. Maybe I'll swing by after work and pick it up - I love quirky games.

I thought the same thing.

Hope to pick this up soon. I need more weird games.

Says the guy with the Psychonauts avatar. Loved that game...

I also really liked Killer 7, which I picked up pratically by accident. I had no idea it was going to be the mind trip it was, but I loved every minute of it. I also love the sound track for that game, and I'm hoping that this one doesn't let me down when I get to pick it up. I know it's not going to be near as cerebral as Killer 7, but is the story for this one still off the wall, or more straight forward?

Have to wait till the 28th to get it down here. I'm presuming we're getting a censored version as well since the addition of the blood would've probably given the game an R down here which means it gets banned from sales (I really do hate the Australian rating system). Can't say I'm fussed about that though. My only worry is that I won't finish the game - to date I am yet to finish any of the single player games on the Wii that I have.

Red Steel was a release title. Ubisoft too I think.

A couple Resident Evil games for the Wii too.

I thought I forgot about Red Steel. ugh.

But yeah, RE games were a good effort though somewhat derivative. No More Heroes is pretty much what the Wii needs. I doubt most game developers will be as gutsy with the wild innovation as often though. The most innovative games in this year seems to be for the PSP and even a few PS3 titles actually, with stuff like Echochrome and Patapon. Which is really ironic.

Man, this game is cool. It's a lot more complex than I thought it would be, and fighting doesn't feel cheap or limited.

I haven't played much yet, but the story's pretty good, too. Made me laugh out loud a few times.

But... for some reason.... Travis reminds me of Tidus, from FFX. I dunno why, he just does.

A buddy of mine pretty much thrust this game upon me, extoling its virtues with much relish. It's pretty cool overall, and definitely more of what the Wii needs, though it isn't perfect. My main gripe is with the bosses; sure, they're fairly awesome personalities, but once you get their pattern down, it's pretty much just grind away until they finally fall down. Add to that the fact that landing wrestling moves on the bosses(possibly the best part of the game and certainly one of the best ways to hurt them) seems completely arbitrary, and they can get a bit annoying. Otherwise, though, the game's good dumb fun, which is pretty much exactly what Suda51 was looking for; pure pulp.

I love this game. I beat it on easy the other day and am now starting it on the hardest difficulty. I'd have to say that I like Killer7 alot better, but NMH is great too. The bosses (especially near the middle of the game and on) are awesome. The blood is great too.

I took my Wii over to a friends house yesterday, and showed him this game. Of course, being as narrow minded about games as he is, he hated it. He said, "Obviously the developers of this were not taking graphics into consideration while making this" and, while I was roaming the overworld, "This looks like a crappy GTA clone". He even went as far as saying that it was ripping off star wars when he saw the beam katana. :roll: He obviously just didn't get it. :???:

I took my Wii over to a friends house yesterday, and showed him this game. Of course, being as narrow minded about games as he is, he hated it. He said, "Obviously the developers of this were not taking graphics into consideration while making this" and, while I was roaming the overworld, "This looks like a crappy GTA clone". He even went as far as saying that it was ripping off star wars when he saw the beam katana. :roll: He obviously just didn't get it. :???:

In other words, he is a giant tool.

Dude, you need to get new friends. Seriously.

Haha, he is a good guy and all, but when it comes to gaming, he drives me into insanity. Real huge xbox fanboy.:|

On the topic of the game though... how to you get the "real" ending?

Make sure you get every sword before fighting in the rank 1 fight.