More Bemani remixes!!

Oni-91

There's only 3 here, and that doesn't say a lot about the diversity of music in Konami's rhythm action games (DDR, IIDX, Pop'n Music, GF&DM...).

Yeah, there's quite a lot of music that was not by Konami in them (especially by Captain Jack and E-ROTIC), but that still leaves literally thousands of potential songs left to remix.

Actually, it's much less that you'd think. In the earlier mixes, up to half of the songlist was Toshiba-EMI licences, but it's got lower and lower since. For example, in DDR SuperNOVA 1, there were 301 songs. Only about 25 of these are actually licenced. Actually, I might be able to provide a list of what songs can be remixed, but it'd be a long one. Also, there are about 60% licences in an XBox DDR, so they probably should be avoided.

EDIT: And here we are. Well, I said it was long. I've removed all licences, as well as remixes of classical music, and songs that were originally on another album before making it into DDR. Yeah, this is only the DDR list (all songs that can be done that are in DDR, regardless of if they were on another Bemani first). The extra ones for Pop'n Music, beatmania, etc. would be even longer, so...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LOFVO99Z

Sorry about that. It was too large for one post, and I didn't want to doublepost.

Like I said, that's only songs that have made it onto DDR. There's many, many more IIDX/Pop'n ones that haven't made it to DDR, so don't appear there...

And it seems that I missed DXY! out. Oh...

• 2 months later...

http://www1.ocn.ne.jp/~hibroad/score/ And here is a list of all the Beatmania IIDX (7 keys) songs. A lot of them are licensed before 4th Style, but after that it's the opposite.

Beatmania (5 keys) and Pop'n Music have quite a few more licensed tracks, but there's still quite a bit of potential.

this is my favorite iidx song

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C0_TAAugDdw

One technical problem I can see from composing with BMS keysounds is that the sound quality might not be too great if they're relied upon heavily.

If used at more-or-less the right tempo of the original track, the quality isn't really affected. Also, as they are 700+kbps wave files, the original sound is at a great quality.

well, if your not time stretching them in any way (which is what I think oni 91 was trying to imply) then the sound quality is still there. The ones I received were all high quality ogg files. (had to convert to wav since reason doesnt accept ogg). But yea, they sound just as good as they are in the original. ... man I gotta work more on that remix