Little Drummer Boy

jmr

EDIT: NEW VERSION.

Here's a WIP that I started for Dyne's OverClocked Christmas project.

Current Version: December 15 - WIP 3

What's new: 'tweaked' mixing, slight tempo changes throughout the song, other small changes here and there.

What's old: violin sample. I've yet to find anything free that sounds any better. Suggestions plz!

Old version: November 27 - WIP 2

Older version: November 26 - WIP 1

It borrows some compositional elements from Enya's Only Time (mainly the pizzicato strings). However, everything else is either my original work or based on the original song.

I only started working on this yesterday, so consequently it's still kind of rough.

Everything thus far has been made using free soundfonts from various locations. I'd like to replace the violin sample with something a little better, so if anyone has anything better to share let me know.

Not bad, not bad... the drum track is especially nice.

Overall, it's got a nice sound to it, though it starts to drag and get repetitive pretty quick. Experiment with the tempo a bit and see how it sounds. Also, if you can't find the right soundfont for the violin, try putting a little bit more reverb on it and see if that helps.

Good job overall though. Keep working on it. It sounds great so far.

Just like the person above said. I like the orchestra accompaniment to the violin, its sounds very nice. I would definitely change the violin soundfont. It sounds too inorganic, and rapidly becomes repetitive. Try something with a nice soothing vibrato. Sorry If I'm not properly articulating myself. I'm very new to these forums, I've been lurking around for awhile, but just recently decided to voice my opinion as I become more active in music.

Overall, nice piece.. Just a few changes here and there, and you could have something dandy in a little bit.

Just like the person above said. I like the orchestra accompaniment to the violin, its sounds very nice. I would definitely change the violin soundfont. It sounds too inorganic, and rapidly becomes repetitive. Try something with a nice soothing vibrato. Sorry If I'm not properly articulating myself. I'm very new to these forums, I've been lurking around for awhile, but just recently decided to voice my opinion as I become more active in music.

Overall, nice piece.. Just a few changes here and there, and you could have something dandy in a little bit.

Articulation: Check.

Helpful advice: Check.

Newbie Voicing opinion on Non-Remix Board: Check. (We need more people to post in here!)

Welcum too teh OHSEEREMICKSEs Cree.

• 2 weeks later...

I've finally finished exams, so I've finally got some time to work on this.

jmr - Little Drummer Boy WIP3 (Dec 15, 2007)

What's new: 'tweaked' mixing, slight tempo changes throughout the song, other small changes here and there.

What's old: violin sample. I've yet to find anything free that sounds any better.

Suggestions plz!

I know that the point of this remix is to be just a Christmas song. I have really enjoyed songs that have combined Christmas songs with Game Music. Recently I thought that the last song of Link's Awakening (the victory song) could possibly be combined with Little Drummer Boy. Just thought I'd make that suggestion in case anyone else thought that was a good idea.