Claymore

HershDawg

Yeah, I watched the first three or four episodes. It's your typical medieval fantasy/fighting demons stuff.

No thanks. If you're going to make a show like this, at least do something that isn't horribly obvious and taken right out of the big book of anime standards and clichés. There's already been a half dozen shows just like this over the last couple of years.

Yeah, I watched the first three or four episodes. It's your typical medieval fantasy/fighting demons stuff.

No thanks. If you're going to make a show like this, at least do something that isn't horribly obvious and taken right out of the big book of anime standards and clichés. There's already been a half dozen shows just like this over the last couple of years.

That was my opinion of it. Some of my friends have been following it pretty closely and they say it gets better. I downloaded the rest of the ones that are out but haven't committed to watching it yet.

Okey guys I'm a Major Japanese and Anime / Manga fan I have hundreds and hundreds of gigs filled with anime and im learning japanese in school etc. I PROMISE U! THIS ANIME IS ONE OF THE BEST I HAVE SEEN!

it starts of kinda normal, not anything great about this anime i thought but after episode 8 all changes! it is soooo great! just watch to episode 9 and you will be hooked! i PROMISE!

^lolz

No offense, but if you judged or labeled all anime based on their first three or four episodes then you'd be missing out on quite a few quality titles. Just sayin', you know.

it starts of kinda normal, not anything great about this anime i thought but after episode 8 all changes! it is soooo great! just watch to episode 9 and you will be hooked! i PROMISE!

I have to agree. I'm waiting for episode 15 to be released in a few days. You guys should really give it a chance. It really does start to pick up.

Claymore caught my attention, looks very cool. Chicks with swords? Huzzah! It'll have to wait though, too busy watching ARIA the Natural >:3

also lol adam

Judging anime based on the first impression isn't necessarily a bad thing, though certain shows have improved over the series's running, and one may miss certain highlights [e.g. hilariously jumping the shark, or actually doing the opposite and improving] if they abandon watching it. Personally I watch anything all the way through, even if it is terrible, because I can't stand leaving a story unfinished.

Guess im kinda the same :P i really don't wanna stop watching until the story is finished to get the whole picture ^^ hehe.

Well This anime is kinda like berserk but much cooler in my opinion. Any berserk fans this anime is a must watch! it's actually a must watch for anyone i would say, but remember until episode 8-9 Nothing expetional really will catch your eyes.

And also at the dammned this is surly not cliche at all! this is very very new and creative stuff. I'm sure this one will be a major hit. It is really freash and very very cool / brutal nothing you normally see.

No offense, but if you judged or labeled all anime based on their first three or four episodes then you'd be missing out on quite a few quality titles. Just sayin', you know.

I've seen enough anime to know that if a show can't get it going in the first couple of episodes, it's not going to. The longer it takes for a show to get warmed-up, the less likely it is that people are going to watch it.

This show just didn't do anything for me. And according to my hard drive here, I still have the first six episodes. So I guess I actually saw the first six episodes, and it still didn't do anything for me.

Bland, slow, generic fantasy just doesn't do it for me. But if you like it, fine, go watch it. Just don't tell me that I should too.

Well, unlike the Berserk anime, this will probably have an actual ending. At least I hope so.

Wasn't I supposed to do something after watching Berserk to continue the story? Like play a videogame or read the manga? :(

The Berserk manga goes way past where the show left off. It's one of the only two mangas I keep up with (other is gantz) because it's so freaking amazing.

I've seen enough anime to know that if a show can't get it going in the first couple of episodes, it's not going to. The longer it takes for a show to get warmed-up, the less likely it is that people are going to watch it.

This show just didn't do anything for me. And according to my hard drive here, I still have the first six episodes. So I guess I actually saw the first six episodes, and it still didn't do anything for me.

Bland, slow, generic fantasy just doesn't do it for me. But if you like it, fine, go watch it. Just don't tell me that I should too.

I'm not telling you what do do nor do i care if u watch anime or not. However if your looking for a really great show watch Claymore up to episode 9 before episode 9 it was kinda like a (as u said) normal fantasy deamons and that stuff nothing special at all. But it is woth to atleast give it a try since you already watched up to 6

I guess you haven't watched enough anime that does get off a bit slow then gets running later on.

As for its popularity, you're actually on the wrong in that one. Claymore is one of the most downloaded and watched anime right now. The manga is also one of the most popular in the Shonen Jump manga block.

Except it gets way better after the first few episodes. Nobody says you must watch it. Don't go running around saying how 'bland, slow, generic' something is if you never really watched enough of it.

On another note, there has been a lot of slow starting anime recently. But that being done on purpose. I actually thought Claymore was pretty generic for the first five episodes too, until the recent episodes just upped the ante. I know it's a pretty straightforward action fantasy show, but I'm looking forward to every episode now too.

Didn't really say that at all, and certainly didn't mean to get your panties in a wad. :/

But yeah, pretty much what I-n-j-i-n said.^

Ahh Berserk. Speaking of Berserk, some years ago a friend of mine gave me (in digital format) like, several years worth of the manga, but unfortunately I don't have it anymore. Do you guys know a place where I can grab it so I can catch up?

You can find torrents for it here: TheHawks.org, the most popular Berserk translation site. There are also sites online where you can download the manga directly or simply read scanned pages though those can be pretty much found through Google.

This anime is nothing but pure win. Medieval/fantasy anime just the way I like it, along with chicks with huge swords, serious amounts of violence, and awesome(understatement of the year) music. I'm pretty sure a lot of the music was done by the same guy responsible for Death Note(which was also awesome). I especially love the opening and ending themes. So much in fact that I'm currently searching for them(as well as the entire soundtrack if I can find it) as I post right now.

Keep in mind that I'm a medieval/fantasy junkie. Hell, I'm even watching Romeo x Juliet right now(Hitoshi Sakimoto fanboy), so take this with a grain of salt if you will.

You can find torrents for it here: TheHawks.org, the most popular Berserk translation site. There are also sites online where you can download the manga directly or simply read scanned pages though those can be pretty much found through Google.

The most up to date site is http://www.evil-genius.us/. They're on the latest chapter, which is like 286. I think 287 comes out friday.

Dude, Berserk is still going? I didn't know that. Isn't the anime from like 1997?

long-ass manga

The manga itself is from 1989. It's still ongoing with 31 tankobon so far.

EDIT: Damn, Avatar beat me to it by a long shot. That'll teach me for not reading the entire page...><