*NO* Streets of Rage 2 'Soul of Rage'

Liontamer

The name of the remix: Soul Of Rage

Try this link, I just uploaded today and I added alot more to the remix. I hope you like it alot better than you did the last time, I did a V1 (which is what I sent you) and V2 is on the forums. This is V3, I feel as though it is now complete. Thanks.

Contact Info:

* Red Rum

* Greg Costa

* in1on1rumble@aol.com

* Your userid (number, not name) on our forums, found by viewing your forum profile

* http://www.ocremix.org/forums/member.php?u=15997

ReMix Info

* Streets of Rage 2

* Streets of Rage Super Mix (Stage 8)

* The remix is bascially a remix of Streets of Rage Super Mix (Stage 8) in Streets of Rage 2 but I blended alot from The Last Soul (Stage 8) from the first Streets of Rage, Enigma's "Sadness", and some of the hip-hop song known as "Murda". I tried to go with the oldschool feel from the actual game blended with some newschool and to tell you the truth, it worked perfectly. I basically used alot of instrument samples for this remix. I tried to make it so it had a unique sound with a unique rearrangement. I put alot of synth-like instruments in it and also added some effects into the song. I hope you enjoy this remix as much as I enjoyed creating it. Thank you and please do Enjoy!

This does sound like a sonic upgrade (in some ways) from the original. The drums have a boost on the kick that sounds unique, however the choir sound sounded too think, whilst other sounds that were playing the lead were quite thin and somewhat in the background. The melody/lead parts were almost identical to the original, as was the drum beat throughout. For this to be OCR standard, there would have to be more original material added. The sample that comes in at 3.21 and lasts until 3.41 sounded very unclear and muddied the track, and the ending was rough around the edges. This has some potential, but needs a lot of work. This mix needs more re-arrangement, and some work on the mixing/eq side of things.

NO

I think you've got some fantastic textures and musical ideas. the triplets in the background synth lend a really slick feel...a lot of momentum. The samples work well, and I like the vocals.

The only real problem I have is that for fairly long streches, teh arrangement doesn't seem to go anywhere. Ideas are introduced and then abandoned, never to be heard from again (see: the vocals). Then there are long streches where there's very little going on.

I think you should take what you have and try to form a more coherent arrangement from it.

No. (R/S)

Shows how much Streets of Rage Vig plays. :lol: That's alright, he's caught me not being familiar enough with the Addams Family SNES soundtrack.

http://project2612.org/download.php?id=56 - "SOR Super Mix"

There are some minor new ideas in here versus the first version that was instantly rejected. The Enigma sampling sounds ok, and the drumwork sounded pretty reminiscent of 'em.

Otherwise the arrangement is STILL basically a verbatim take on the original. Same (overly repetitive) groove, similar instrumentation, same structure. It's not interpretive enough.

The only notable new ideas here are the "Sadeness" and "Murda" sampling and the belltones at 3:00. Streets of Rage is an easy soundtrack to fall into a pitfall with. The originals are awesome, so a lot of people don't end up interpreting them substantially. We don't want your near-verbatim covers though. You're gonna have to change that approach to have a chance here. Looking forward to future subs though.

NO