OC ReMix mentioned in Nintendo Power by Contra 4 developers

The Unsung Plumber

One never knows, maybe he's just keeping it quiet because he doesn't want the attention, or the people who're upset that VGMix3 still isn't up, to stop him from living his real life. Can't really blame him if that's it.

Still, that'd be pretty cool if virt was on board doing Contra 4's music. I'm waiting for the day when several of OCR's remixers get music featured in games and mass media, I think that'd totally rock.

It'd be nice to get a 100% certain answer, so we can properly mention this in our Wiki and give Jake some props in a mix writeup or something....

Hey Dave, everyone. :)

Yep! I did music and sound design. I couldn't confirm it until Mr. Bozon outed me himself, and I'm REALLY glad he did. I was worried that they'd think I violated my NDA if word got to them that people knew I was involved, even though I didn't spill it.

(and yeah, it's a big reason VGMix 3 isn't done yet - my freelancing is sucking up TONS of time.. Gonna have to start snorting meth and/or build a flux capacitor. But this is a big chunk of time freed up, anyway.)

Yep! I did music and sound design. I couldn't confirm it until Mr. Bozon outed me himself, and I'm REALLY glad he did. I was worried that they'd think I violated my NDA if word got to them that people knew I was involved, even though I didn't spill it.

(and yeah, it's a big reason VGMix 3 isn't done yet - my freelancing is sucking up TONS of time.. Gonna have to start snorting meth and/or build a flux capacitor. But this is a big chunk of time freed up, anyway.)

solid snake, nice work jake.

Thought so. Congrats to you. I'll have to get the game when it comes out.

I doubt anyone who enjoys videogame music is gonna mind the tardiness on VGMix 3 due to you getting ahead in your career.

Thanks guys :)

And at the risk of sounding like a weenie: Thanks Dave, for helping fuel my interest in arranging from the start. No matter what happened along the way, we both owe a lot (most, I'd venture) of our musicianship to this awesome hobby.

Wayforward was totally supportive and open to ideas, just like with Shantae - so I hope you guys aren't disappointed with my work. Lots of fan service. (you can hear my panties in one song)

I'm totally excited just as a Contra fanboy.

Major props. Your music is amazing. It always had that *great* Konami-style feel to it, and the fact that you're getting noticed, appreciated, and hired to compose music for Contra 4 is pure awesome.

I am so looking forward to this game.

Planned September release? Noted.

Let's get this info wiki'd.

Yeah I was so happy to find out that virt was composing for this game. He'll be able to show off his remixing skills as well as make some original music for the game. Lucky guy.

I find it a bit ironic to mention Jake side-by-side with OC Remix. Then again, OC Remix is more popular than VG Mix these days due to the latter being on hiatus.