Forum Avatars - RIP

Joyzilla

I also wanted to put some Devil May Cry stuff, but they didn't come out very good.

Dante

dante.gif

dante2.gif

dante3.gif

dante4.gif

Vergil

vergil.gif

The vVergil one came out really bad and personally I'd only use the first or third Dante.

LT: Only the 3rd Dante came out decent, but even then it's a bit too muddy. Just work on getting that one going and forget the rest.

Other6.gif

SerSamAvatar.gif

QuakeAvatar.gif

Quake2Avatar.gif

Quake3Avatar.gif

LT: Good job on the Quake logos, Matt, and what I guess is a bomb icon from Serious Sam. How am I supposed to use the DarkStalkers ones if they're one big image? Most of them, you can't even tell what they are, so they're no good. But can I get the OLD Frankenstein and the NEW Anakaris out of that group?

EDIT: Made a few updates to the three Quake Avatars so that they were a bit clearer (especially the Quake 3 one, which also needed to be centered), and the Serious Sam logo. Not sure if the SS logo is clear enough yet though. Also took out the two Darkstalkers ones you mentioned Larry...

QuakeAvatar.gif:arrow:QuakeAvatarA.gif

Quake2Avatar.gif:arrow:Quake2AvatarA.gif

Quake3Avatar.gif:arrow:Quake3AvatarA.gif

SerSamAvatar.gif:arrow:SerSamAvatarA.gif

AnakarisAvatar.gif

VictorAvatar.gif

LT: Any possibility to make the Quake ones 32x32 rather than 31x32? Not a big deal if you're like "fuck it", as they're within the size limit anyway, but lemme know. The rest are bueno. Thanks a lot, bro.

Edit 2: Made the Quake and Quake 3 avatars 32x32.

QuakeAvatarB.gif

Quake3AvatarB.gif

LT: U a hero!

LionTamer: Anything in specific you are looking for (spritewise)? I doubt we will need the ones that OCR already has.

LT: Nah, I mean not really. I certainly could come up with ideas, but if you can think of any classic game and come up with some sprites, it's all good. Once a certain series seems like it has enough avatars, I'll let people know, but otherwise anything that looks good from a game is fair game. Use your imagination.

Ateam_mrT.gif

[EDIT: 1:1 resized]

some try with this little guy:

num1.gif

it didn't turn that well. i'll try with transparency later

LT: Mr. T! Ha! Good choice. Yeah, Muncher's lip looks kind of fucked up. Don't even worry about that one. I doubt a transparency would look much better. The only way to get a good shot would be to run an Apple IIe emulator and get a screen capture of the game.

The last time I submitted a lot of good avatars... this time I can't work on them, unless someone finds me a place to download Paint Shop Pro 5 (assuming that it's abandonware now).

Find me Paint Shop Pro 5 and I'll make all the avatars you want.

The last time I submitted a lot of good avatars... this time I can't work on them, unless someone finds me a place to download Paint Shop Pro 5 (assuming that it's abandonware now).

Find me Paint Shop Pro 5 and I'll make all the avatars you want.

Never heard of P2P?

Ateam_mrT.gif

He looks flattened, like on widescreen. Apart from that... MR.T AVATAR FTW!!!

"I pity the foo' who don't use the MR. T avatar!"

Hell yeah. It looks a lot better. Also, can someone do some Hellsing avatars?

Alucard:

hellsing_01.gifhellsing_02.gifhellsing_03.gifhellsing_04.gifhellsing_05.gif

Anderson:

hellsing_06.gifhellsing_07.gifhellsing_08.gifhellsing_09.gifhellsing_10.gif

Seras:

hellsing_11.gifhellsing_12.gifhellsing_13.gifhellsing_14.gifhellsing_15.gif

Integra:

hellsing_16.gifhellsing_17.gif

Jan & Luke Valentine:

hellsing_18.gifhellsing_19.gifhellsing_20.gif

EDIT: Dammit, Douli.

LT: The first and the fourth Alucards are good. The rest of the faces are all rather meh, not to dump on the effort here. Beyond the faces not really looking cool, a lot of these were too soft, too light, too dark. But thanks for these two other Alucards. That's enough of that guy.

Ateam_mrT.gif

[EDIT: 1:1 resized]

some try with this little guy:

num1.gif

it didn't turn that well. i'll try with transparency later

LT: Mr. T! Ha! Good choice. Yeah, Muncher's lip looks kind of fucked up. Don't even worry about that one. I doubt a transparency would look much better. The only way to get a good shot would be to run an Apple IIe emulator and get a screen capture of the game.

Due to the simplicity of the source, it would be easier to remake it pixel by pixel. Is it worth it?

LT: If you were to do that, Muncher must be immaculate. Cuz if it's not, I'll know. :lol: (someone go for screen grab!)

Alucard:

hellsing_01.gifhellsing_02.gifhellsing_03.gifhellsing_04.gifhellsing_05.gif

Anderson:

hellsing_06.gifhellsing_07.gifhellsing_08.gifhellsing_09.gifhellsing_10.gif

Seras:

hellsing_11.gifhellsing_12.gifhellsing_13.gifhellsing_14.gifhellsing_15.gif

Integra:

hellsing_16.gifhellsing_17.gif

Jan & Luke Valentine:

hellsing_18.gifhellsing_19.gifhellsing_20.gif

EDIT: Dammit, Douli.

LT: The first and the fourth Alucards are good. The rest of the faces are all rather meh, not to dump on the effort here. Beyond the faces not really looking cool, a lot of these were too soft, too light, too dark. But thanks for these two other Alucards. That's enough of that guy.

Nice job with the Hellsing avatars.

People, here you are some brand new avatars.

Misc. characters from Sonic games:

Amy1.gif Amy

Rouge1.gif Rouge

Shadow1.gif Shadow

Some Knuckles (also Super):

Knuckles1.gifKnuckles2.gifKnuckles3.gif

SuperKnuckles1.gifSuperKnuckles2.gif (super)

Super Sonic!:

SuperSonic1.gifSuperSonic3.gifSuperSonic4.gifSuperSonic5.gifSuperSonic6.gif

From Yu Yu:

Botan1.gif Botan

Hiei1.gifHiei2.gifHiei3.gif Hiei

Kurama1.gifKurama2.gif Kurama

Yusuke1.gifYusuke2.gif Yusuke Urameshi

Inuyasha:

Inuyasha1.gifInuyasha2.gifInuyasha3.gif

Pacman:

Pacman1.gif

From Great Teacher Onizuka:

Tomoko2.gif Tomoko Nomura

And, as usual, the whole pack:

http://digilander.iol.it/sambevolley/NinekoAvatarsPart3.zip

Packs 1 and 2 are still online (just rename the url by hand), if you want to search in them for some previously rejected avatars you want me to rework. I would be happy to handle all your requests.

:D

Late edit:

Arek asked for some Rock Lee...

nineko84: if you want some avatars from naruto just tell me, I can google for some pics

Thesampsons18: i just want one

Thesampsons18: rock lee

... and he gets some Rock Lee:

Naruto1.gifNaruto2.gifNaruto3.gifNaruto4.gifNaruto5.gif

Late edit 2:

Falchion asked for Harle...

EatinRamenNaruto: Oh oh oh and Harle from Chrono Cross.
... and he gets Harle:

Harle1.gif

Late edit 3:

Someone asked for Kakashi...

... and he gets Kakashi:

Kakashi1.gifKakashi2.gif

LT: Ooooook. Well I suppose there's nothing wrong with throwing a lot of ideas against the wall and seeing what sticks, but you gotta make high quality avatars, not just a bunch of cruddy ones. A lot of these are not sharp enough, not detailed enough because the images are too shrunken down, too dark, too light, or attempting to go for transparency but has stray pixels or would look better with a background. So I'm only gonna pluck the well-made stuff. So I'll take the closeup of Knuckles, Super Sonic preparing to run, and Harle. Thanks for those, bro. I'll take Amy Rose if you eliminate the stray pixels.

Before fragmenting and hosting each one of these, I just wanna make sure they will be wanted, desired, loved and cared for! :)

ff4569bq.png

LT: The burden's on you guys for naming them, so please do. Otherwise, nice stuff. Will be using most if not all of these, then let's never speak of them again!

Okay I'm trying this again. We haven't had any Metaknight yet so:

• If you take nothing else I'd really like this one:sammeta6mo.gif
    And a samurai Kirby:samkirby6bx.gif
    These two are kinda meh, but here they are anyway:metaback5rf.gifmetaknight3wb.gif
    I wanted to add one of him with wings and this is the only one that fits:metawing2lk.gif
    Edit: if it hasn't been done already, here's the Zero avatar with added trasparency:mmxzero8xx.gif OLD -->mmx_zero.gif
    Edit 2: I only saw the Fusion Samus so I did a couple from the original:
    samus1crouch2yt.gif
    samus1stand3uw.gif
    I also noticed we have this:metroid.gif which is over-sized
    So I'm not sure if you want this:svaria0zy.gif

LT: Nice, now you're getting the hang of it. Well, don't need any more Kirby, but the samurai and regular-looking Metaknight look good. Thanks a lot for the Zero transparency fix (the unfixed one annoys the shit of me). The standing NES-style Samus is good as well, so we'll just use those, but definitely hit up some other game sprites and post 'em up here, preferably from something less known if you're interested. Thanks for your effort here.

Before fragmenting and hosting each one of these, I just wanna make sure they will be wanted, desired, loved and cared for! :)

ff4569bq.png

LT: The burden's on you guys for naming them, so please do. Otherwise, nice stuff. Will be using most if not all of these, then let's never speak of them again!

O_o FF4/5/6 sprites :D Joy you rules