The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Hi all.

This would be my 2nd post. Had a quick look for a newbie thread but obviously missed it :oops:

First off thanks to all the contributors for such a stunning array of game soundtrack remixes.

As I said in my previous thread I've always had an interest in music reproduction - especially in gaming. It's been a very inspiring trawl through the tracks on here and hopefully I'll find some time to submit one myself.

Thanks again :D

Paza

Hello. I'm pretty much new to this site as well as forums in general. I have always been drawn to the music in video games and I really had no idea that there was a site dedicated to the remixing of said music. This has been a very new experience for me and I must say I am enjoying it.

Hello, just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a fan of this site for a while and really enjoyed listening to many people's work. Making electronic music is a hobby of mine, and although I don't consider myself very good compared to what I have heard here, I might decide to make a song when my confidence rises.

Yo ya'll! im Ethersin, i've been listening to OC Remix for god knows how long, and I have tried my hand on two or three different synthesizing majigers... And well gave up after about 20 mins, because I have no attention span.. BUT I want to learn so joined the forum and was wandering if any of you gentlemen, lasses, and the rest of you, could point me in a nice direction.

Going to probably use FL, because during my fiddlings it seemed to be the most simple of the lot to use.

Thanks a bunch, Your Lord, Ethersin.

What's up? I've been listening to OCR for some time and I finally decided to actually get involved with this community. I've tinkered around with remixing before but I'm going to spend more time learning how to remix starting now. I can't wait to start exploring deeper into the world of OCR and I know I'm going to have a lot of fun.

Hey OCR I'm a first time submitter, long time listener. I've been a fan of your site ever since i found out about it.

What i want to know is how to find out what my userid number is. I'm submitting a song and I'd like to know just in case the site declines it cuz i havent added all specifications in the email.

Hey OCR I'm a first time submitter, long time listener. I've been a fan of your site ever since i found out about it.

What i want to know is how to find out what my userid number is. I'm submitting a song and I'd like to know just in case the site declines it cuz i havent added all specifications in the email.

I do believe your user number is 46921. I assume that is it because it is the number that displays in the address bar after clicking on your profile page.

Edit: If you don't know what I'm talking about, put your cursor over the little icon at the bottom left of this post(the one with the little guy holding that white/blue piece of paper. You will see a long address line after putting you cursor on it or clicking it. For example, my ID is 31933.

Why hello there. I am GregZor and I come from the far away land of OverLooked Remix where I have been an active member for about a half-year now. I love alot of the remixes at this site. I'm an avid anime fan and a fan of Eurobeat/Techno/Gabber and lots of other types of music from all around the world. I'm a fan of Genesis games like Toejam and Earl and PuyoPuyo, and also enjoy strategy/simulation games like Civ4 and Command and Conquer. I plan on enjoying myself in the unmod forum. have a nice day

Greetings all! Erico the Super Bard, at your discretion. I've been jamming to this site for years, and using it for all sorts of creative inspiration for my writing, first in my Fanfic days (http://www.fanfiction.net/u/55667/)

and now afterwards, as I aspire to be what many dream of being; a published author. I find I can't really write anymore without some track or another pounding in my ears. As a matter of choice, I've loved Mega Man first and foremost, but time and experience has taught me to appreciate some of the other things available.

"Eutopia Pegasi", for instance, is one Remix I'll stick on repeat for days when I'm slogging through tender moments. Love the airy vocals on that.

I play my DS when I've got the time (Which isn't much), I write when I don't have time, and I'm always, ALWAYS listening.

What is done here is one of the grandest, most noble things being done on the internet. Through reinterpretation, you reawaken old nostalgic dreams...

And create new ones. For that, I thank you.

Thank you, all of you.

-Erico

Hello all. I've been a fan of this site for...oh, since I was twelve. About 5 years now, so I decided it's time to give my input on this wonderful website (quite a while to figure that out, I know). Anyway, I have been involved in music ever since I can remember, and video game music appeals to me the most. Actually I am currently working on a remix. Hopefully, all goes well, and perhaps you'll see it here :D.

I have also been an avid gamer since I was about 7. Like many, Super Mario Bros. was the first game I 'mastered'. I believe I beat it in about 7 minutes once. I have played many other games across the platforms, but I'll remain a Nintendo fan to the end 8).

Hope to see you all soon,

~Robo

Why hello there. I am GregZor and I come from the far away land of OverLooked Remix where I have been an active member for about a half-year now. I love alot of the remixes at this site. I'm an avid anime fan and a fan of Eurobeat/Techno/Gabber and lots of other types of music from all around the world. I'm a fan of Genesis games like Toejam and Earl and PuyoPuyo, and also enjoy strategy/simulation games like Civ4 and Command and Conquer. I plan on enjoying myself in the unmod forum. have a nice day

You do like Puyopuyo.

So I was shuffling through the memberlist today and I stumbled upon my old account here that was last accessed nearly four years ago. By a seemingly random stroke of luck, I remembered the password and decided to revive this idle account (I was going to register a new one here today anyway).

Anyhow, a little background info about me: I'm Psythik (formerly known as ScYtH pre-2005), I'm 17 (18 in August) and I live in Arizona. I have about three years of musical experience under my belt, and about a year and a half in writing/composing/whatever you want to call it. My favourite music genre is Trance, but I also enjoy all kinds of music, including Hip-hop, Jazz, Rock, Classical, etc.

I plan to eventually do video game remixes, however, I am still very much inexperienced when it comes to making music; I would like to learn so much more before diving into the world of OCRemixing.

If anyone's interested, you can check out some of my work at the following sites, to get a taste of what I can do:

http://music.download.com/psythik - Currently the homepage to my music downloads. As of this writing, only one song is available, which so happens to be my latest complete creation at the moment...

http://myspace.com/psythik - Home to some of my older, early creations. I would not consider most of these songs to be high-quality works, since they were created from me just messing around in FL Studio in the early stages of my music-making hobby (hence the reason why they don't appear on my download.com page).

http://psythik.net and http://psythik.com - I've been planning on creating a website to host my music, however, after nearly a year of buying the domains and establishing hosting, that Coming Soon page is still there. I do have a half-way-finished design for the site, but with me being somewhat of a perfectionist, I will not open the site until I'm 321.2468% sure that everything is ready to go. :P

Now that I think about it, I have no idea.

I found the word when I was looking at a Gaelic dictionary website.

I'll look for one.

Edit:

Gaelic Name: Nathair (Approximate pronunciation: na-CHair. N, a in cat, T as in

Chin, h - silent, air.)

That's funny, I could have sworn there was a "í" in it.