Forum Avatars - RIP

Joyzilla

av-1686.gif
Wtf? now the gif is longer.

oh well:

(PahntasyStar1.gifPahntasyStar2.gifPahntasyStar3.gif) PhantasyStar4.gifPhantasyStar5.gifPhantasyStar6.gifPhantasyStar7.gifPhantasyStar8.gif

LT: Nice additions and much appreciated. Great rips. The ones below though? Naw.

edit:

Request for a Tintin avatar? He's had a few games over the years.
TinTin1.gifTinTin2.gif

edit again: more love for the Sega Master System

Idefix, from Asterix:

AsterixIdefix.gif

Aztec Adventure: Kanego, Papi, Pupe

AztecAdventureKanego.gifAztecAdventurePapi.gifAztecAdventurePupe.gif

Comical Machine Gun Joe:

ComicalMachineGunJoe.gifComicalMachineGunJoe2.gif

... while we are at Phantasy Star...

PhantasyStarHovercraft.gifPhantasyStarMedusa.gif

Monkey from Psycho Fox:

PsychoFoxMonkey.gif

Shinobi:

Shinobi.gifShinobiJoeMusashi.gif

Teddy Boy (wut?):

TeddyBoy.gif

TransBot (again, wut?):

TransBot.gif

Wonder Boy III:

wb3Hand.gif

Wonder Boy in Monster Land:

wbmlGhost.gif

-When are these being released?
when you stop to touch yourself at night
-Could you make some for the anime section from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya?
Yes, I can.

Melancholy1.gifMelancholy2.gif

LT: Decent ideas here, but the resolution isn't sharp enough. Get the resize looking a little bit better, and these are good.

rabite1mz.gifedge.gif

the phoenix pic, don't turn that well at 32*32 :whatevaa:

LT: First one just looks kind of stupid; sorry for not knowing what it is or where it's from. Looks a bit too small as an avatar anyway. Try to get better resolution on Phoenix Wright's rival.

Doul: It's a rabite from secret of Mana.

Mana_Dryad.gif

Mana_Gnome.gif

Mana_Lumina.gif

Mana_Luna.gif

Mana_Salamander.gif

Mana_Shade.gif

Mana_Sylphide.gif

Mana_Undine.gif

dunno if that was already done or not :roll:

LT: I don't know why, but those sprites look terrible.

Nineko's work sharpened:

Melancholy1.gif:arrow:Melancholy1.gif

Melancholy2.gif:arrow:Melancholy2.gif

LT: Better to try shaper resolution while resizing the original images, not simply touching up the smaller images.

I'm giving Samurai Champloo some love here.

mugensamurai.gif

fuusamurai.gif

jinsamurai.gif

Fuu, Mugen and Jin.

LT: The resolution on Mugen sucks. Fuu is all set. Jin, for some reason an entire column of pixels on the left is blank. Fix that and I'll take it.

Ooo.. avatar thread. Could always use more Kirby ones..

Yes more Kirbys would always be a plus, or even some medinight.

LT: Don't blame you for missing them, but we've got plenty of Kirbys taken, and 2 Metaknights. We don't need anymore.

whoa, it's been a while since my last post here.

let's see what I have got this time. I want to give another chance to some characters I already tried to submit in the past, and rejected either at all or partially.

--- sprites ---

Knuckles:

Knuckles9999.gif

Knuckles99992.gif ◄ LOVING this pic, it's an hidden sprite you can't see in any game unless you use a debugger

Knuckles99993.gif

LT: Brighten up the puffed up Knuckles sprite and I'll take it. Remember, the Genesis ones tend to be dark for some reason. The others, there's no need for them.

Rouge:

Rouge91.gifRouge92.gifRouge93.gifRouge94.gifRouge95.gifRouge96.gifRouge97.gif

I seriously think we need some Rouge in the gallery. problem is, 99% of her sprites are > 32x32, so I must use weird poses to find sprites that fit with the size limit. I hope that some of these can pass.

oh, and this was listed as Rouge, but I don't know what is it: Rouge(wtf_is_this).gif

LT: Meh. She has no decent, normal looking character poses. And what the hell was that other thing? No need for that Chao below either.

Chao:

Chao999.gif

Now, some anime. I really want some Yu Yu Hakusho in the gallery, so I try again with (hopefully) better quality:

Botan07.gif

Hiei08.gif

Kurama07.gif

Yuyu02.gifYuyu05.gifYuyu09.gif

Botan, Hiei, Kurama, Yusuke (x3)

And the necessary Inuyasha. I'm eventually going to find a decent pic of him, so I'll keep on trying as long as I manage to get some Inuyasha approved.

Inuyasha91.gif

Oh, and another Rouge. Not listed as sprite because this is from Sonic X:

Rouge98.gif

LT: Those were all terrible looking screen caps. Most of the Yu Yu ones looked like they had a green tint, the resolutions are all cruddy, and I'm never gonna take something at 32x25 when it could be 32x32.

sadmac32x32.gifecks32x32.gifjobs32x32.gifskim32x32.gif

Here are some images I have used as avatars before. I decided to give the Space Invaders names, which are (left to right) Ecks, Jobs, and Skim.

LT: I love that dead Mac, but we won't use it. At least fill in the Space Invaders with some different colors for each one, otherwise the images are just too plain.

Personally I still like "Ecks" (the left-most Space Invader) in original white, but I've done a coloured version as well. The middle is filled with "Space Invaders Green," which is the same color as the green from the original arcade game, and the yellow and aqua colours are derivatives of that green.

ecks32x32aqua.gifjobs32x32green.gifskim32x32yellow.gif

LT: Hey, awesome! No offense, but instead of going with your names, I named them squid, crab, and octopus based on an interview with the game's designer, Toshihiro Nishikado. Nice choices with the colors. Basing the color variants off the original Space Invaders green to be faithful to the game whole giving them the color they needed is a small detail that someone like me would appreciate.

Popoi%20(Front).gif

Purim%20(Front).gifthese guys need to be on there to secret of mana mana kinght companions.

too big though, could be problem easily fixed by any one who isnt me.

popoifront1hm.gifpurimfront5tk.gif

LT: I already accepted the same sprites for both of these characters.

jinsamurai-1.gif

There, fixed those blank pixels. Funny that I didn't notice that.

LT: Preferably 32x32.

jinsamurai-2.gif

Picky, picky. :lol:

EDIT:

jinsamuraisharpened.gif

Sharpened it a bit. Take your pick.

LT: They're both actually blurrier than the slightly smaller version. Don't just stretch the smaller pic to fit the standard dimensions or it messes it up.

Knuckles99992.gif

LT: Brighten up the puffed up Knuckles sprite and I'll take it. Remember, the Genesis ones tend to be dark for some reason.

Knuckles99992.giforiginal

Knuckles99992c.gif25% brighter

Knuckles99992b.gif50% brighter

LT: Took the 25% version, thanks.

too bad for Rouge, I really hoped that she could make it :(

LT: Nah, I took one of hers (the most "normal" looking one) and that ugly puffball version. What game or games are those sprites from?

N: I don't know which one you chose, but all of them (except the pole dancer) were from Sonic Battle.

sorry for the mana knights, I forgot that you already accepted them. oh well, I needed like 3 seconds to resize them.

ok, and no more anime from me :lol:

I'm still accepting requests from people if anyone wants an avatar! :D

Advancewars_Andy.gifAdvancewars_Drake.gifAdvancewars_Hawk.gifAdvancewars_Kenbei.gifAdvancewars_Max.gifAdvancewars_Neil.gifAdvancewars_Olaf.gifAdvancewars_Sammy.gifAdvancewars_Sturm.gifAdvancewars_grit.gif

i just notice that andy, sammy and max are already available as avatar.. so this is the other.

LT: Many of these new ones are cropped in too closely, plus with a black background, you can't see the black outlines of the sprites. Get some wider pictures of the faces in there. I'd like to have more than the 3 avatars from this game that I do now.

2nd Batch:

Advancewars_Andy3.gifAdvancewars_Drake3.gifAdvancewars_Hawk3.gifAdvancewars_Kenbei3.gifAdvancewars_Max3.gifAdvancewars_Neil3.gifAdvancewars_Olaf3.gifAdvancewars_Sammy3.gifAdvancewars_Sturm3.gifAdvancewars_grit3.gifAdvancewars_Sonja3.gif

LT: The way you shrinked the sprites to better fit in the 32x32 area caused some bad-looking pics. Gotta roll with Photoshop or something that handles resizes better. Sorry, bro.

Advancewars_Andy2.gifAdvancewars_Drake2.gifAdvancewars_Hawk2.gifAdvancewars_Kenbei2.gifAdvancewars_Max2.gifAdvancewars_Neil2.gifAdvancewars_Olaf2.gifAdvancewars_Sammy2.gifAdvancewars_Sturm2.gifAdvancewars_grit2.gifAdvancewars_Sonja2.gif

DLF:I use photoshop for all my work, so those are a step further (before i sharpen them)

LT: I'm looking for a similar level of clarity as the ones at the very top, only showing more of the heads in the pictures.

Arthur in his supercool gold armor

w40605286.gif

Arthur between bronze and gold armor

w40605285.gif

LT: These sprite rips should be better, i.e. take directly from the game. Right now these aren't sharp enough.

I'm not going to take anything dominated by white backgrounds; you have to get rid of those and make the backgrounds transparent.

darksamusnoborder-1.gif

jinsamuraibettertransparent-1.gif

ocr3tanavatar.gif

Dark Samus turned out well, but I think Jin looked better with the border. Meh, it's still OK.

EDIT: Added OCR3 Tan to the mix.

LT: Dark Samus looks fine with transparency, the others don't. Just fill in the white color for the Jin one with some other color that works. The resolution on 3-tan isn't sharp enough. The only part of her face one can make out are her eyes. Plus, I don't want a pic like that to have a transparent background. Transparent background work the best on sprites, not traditional pictures.