OCR04476 - *YES* F-Zero & F-Zero GX "Project Blue"

Liontamer

Link

Greetings!

It's been a long time since I've submitted a new track.

I hope you like it :)

Requested info below.

Remixer name: OverShield
Email address: overshieldmusic@gmail.com
Website: I don't have one, but here is my YouTube and Soundcloud:
https://www.youtube.com/@overshield9729
User ID: 33724

SUBMISSION:
Game Arranged: F-Zero
Name of Arrangement: Project Blue
Name of Song Arranged: Big Blue
Inspiration: The main inspiration for me is always nostalgia.
F-Zero has been one of my most beloved game franchises ever since I was a child.
It has incredible music that always matched the fast paced energy of its racetracks.
Big Blue is no doubt one of the best songs within the entire franchise and it has always been high on my list to put my own twist to it.
This remix mainly focuses on the classic original theme of Big Blue that we know and love. However, big F-Zero fans may notice some parts of the song taking direct inspiration from some of the lesser known alternate versions of the Big Blue theme within F-Zero GX (e.g. Infinite Blue and Arrange versions).
I hope you enjoy it, as I tried to tell a story throughout the different sections of the track (pun not intended).

Thanks for your time.

Best,

Dean

Love the opening with the lush sounds and water SFX; very cool feel to start. The beat comes in at :37 and it's surprisingly tame, one of those tracks where the beats have no meat and sound like a plastic bucket's being hit. Meanwhile, all of the other instrumentation and sound design is so strong, so the beats are an unfortunate quality disparity.

Nice drop at 1:43, though this is full of amazing ear candy. By 2:04, I was also tired of the beats, so I'm genuinely glad they dropped out for something else by 2:13 (followed by the first usage of "Infinite Blue" at 2:19). Ah man, beats back at 2:29. :-P Another great dropoff at 2:42. Don't let my focus on a weaker element take away from the fact that this arrangement kicks all sorts of ass. Look at those last creative arrangement ideas at 3:15 before referencing the verse at 3:28.

Wow, awesome, Dean. Amazing energy and dynamics throughout. The beats needed more body & heft, but that doesn't take away from this being a super-fun thrill ride!

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to 2023/03/12 - (1Y) F-Zero "Project Blue"
  • 3 weeks later...

Damn, the lead synth work here is stellar! There's so much going on that's worth highlighting, but this is an element that immediately jumped out to me. Crazy arpeggio fills all around. You really committed to the syncopated rhythms with some very aggressive gating on nearly all of your instruments, which gives the mix a tremendous amount of punch during the breakdowns. The guitar work is such a fantastic way to bring this home.

Absolutely sick work.

YES

• Emunator changed the title to 2023/03/12 - (2Y) F-Zero "Project Blue"

Interesting sound palette. It uses mostly stock, vanilla synths that have been prevalent for a decade or more, but they're all used thoughtfully and produced well.  Stylistially there's no reason this couldn't have been posted almost 10 years ago, but the level of competence is through the roof. And even though it's an eclectic mix of EDM, chiptune, dubstep, and metal, it all hangs together coherently. None of the huge variety of arps, wubs, or SFX seem extraneous.  Great pacing, great energy, great arrangement all around.

YES

• MindWanderer changed the title to 2023/03/12 - (3Y) F-Zero "Project Blue"

I love the luscious wave sounds in the intro.  When the drop hits, there is crazy energy, variation and ear candy.  The sound choices are indeed old-skool style but everything is used extremely well.  The kick and snare could be a little more impactful as Larry pointed out, but everything is audible and full of punch.  Great use of glitching and sfx.  The wubs are truly excellent.  Writing and arrangement are varied and interesting all the way through.  Great energy and dynamics in the arrangement.  Mixing and mastering are top notch. 

YES 

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR04476 - *YES* F-Zero & F-Zero GX "Project Blue"
  • Liontamer locked this topic