OCR01523 - *YES* Mega Man 2 'Too Hot for Heat Man' *RESUB*

Liontamer

Original Decision: http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=89712

ReMixer name: AeroZ

E-mail: sebastian_freij@hotmail.com

Game Remixed: Megaman 2

Song Remixed: Heatman's Theme

Own Comments:

Thanks you for the feedback about my Remix.

I've have now modified it a little, but in many ways.

Tried to keep the simplicity, though make it sound more open and intresting.

/Best Wishes

Sebastian

See my original vote, and just know that really, all my previous gripes/concerns have been addressed.

On that note, let me just say, that this is awesome work, my friend! I can't even begin to tell you how fun it is to listen to your much improved track. I liked the first version fairly well, but this is just plain fun. Creative variation in your sequencing scored you points, as well as a stronger arrangement. I love the tempo shifts. Fantastic gating/chopping as well.

Good luck with the rest of the vote, Sebastian!

YEP

Right off the bat, the new depth to the sound design is immediately apparent to me. The percussive timing still sounds a *little* weird to me, but overall, I'm impressed by the effort you put into varying things up and densifying the soundfield. The arrangement is also much more creative now (not that it wasn't before). Very cool stuff - all of my complaints have been addressed. Excellent job.

YES

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/megaman2.zip - Track 12 ("Heatman Stage")

Interesting lo-fi intro. Mix felt a bit empty, especially once things picked up at :17. It was actually a little weird hearing the things you didn't change around much, but sounding vastly different on account of the swamp of effects going on here. Can't say I was a fan of nearly the whole thing sounding so far-away, and I think the beats didn't really drive the song along as much as they should have. Things were empty and swamped with reverb the whole time.

I also thought the original writing from :53-1:05 wasn't particularly interesting, though it was at least progressed naturally from the source. However, the original writing ideas from 3:00 until 3:33/the end, interacting with the Heatman source tune while the parts switched places a few times with background and foreground roles, were exceptional in their creativity and subtlety.

The sheer personalization of the arrangement offset most of the issues I had. The effects causing most of the track to sound distant were probably "too much of a good thing", and I still felt the beats didn't drive the track along like there was a glaringly missing element there. Nothing I'd listen to much myself, but I respect the amount of effort put into this resub. You did a good job of addressing the conservative concerns by personalizing the arrangement even more than last time, which was great to hear. Hope you got more stuff to send in the future.

YES