OCR03144 - Gunbird 2 "Signs of Lust"

I kinda agree with Kristina that the first saw lead was a little underwhelming. It's lacking some extra expression to make it even more interesting, and it feels a bit too low-passed to cut through. It's not so bad that I'd replace it, but it could have been a bit brighter. The marimba/xylophone that occasionally comes in feels a touch sharp, but nothing major (hah, get it? Sharp... major... :lol:). The track overall sounds slightly lofi (~16000 Hz and above are rolled off or not present). I definitely hear the anime-opening feel though, and I think it's cool how well it reminds me of that. Kind of like if Phoenix Wright (or even Dragon Ball) had a new anime season and this was the opening theme. Feels like an elevated 80s~90s-inspired track.

I definitely hear the anime-opening feel though, and I think it's cool how well it reminds me of that. Kind of like if Phoenix Wright (or even Dragon Ball) had a new anime season and this was the opening theme. Feels like an elevated 80s~90s-inspired track.

This right here. Both DJP and Timaeus nailed it on the head with the fact that this has many musical cues that an anime show or a game with poppy soundtracks like Phoenix Wright has, which is great for an uplifting ReMix like this one. Generally, with the energy and positive vibes running through a mix like this, it's kinda hard to not to enjoy it. Nice work, man.

• 6 months later...

Agrred on the anime opening vibe -- even if I'm not an anime fan ^^" It's a cool rock remix, with a strong synth-y lead. There are a few interesting elements here and there, like some bells/shimes or synths. The performance is solid, and the production is good. The fade-out ending is a bit easy but the rest is cool. Nice work! :)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03144 - Gunbird 2 "Signs of Lust"