OCR01273 - *YES* Terranigma 'Reviving Zue'

djpretzel

title: Terranigma Reviving Zue OC ReMix

artist: Ziwtra

year: 2004

game: Terranigma

original: Zue

---

The original is in 6/4 or 7/4 or some weird time signature and it took a lot of manhandling of the material to get it into the 4/4 breakbeat form it's in now.

Other than that... this isn't a personal favorite, but I really do like that flute at the beginning. And the weird guitar sound.

I guess I am not so happy with this mix because I used so many gimmicks that I have used in the past... other than the musical challenge of changing time signatures and adapting the song, I felt I didn't break any new ground or improve in any way. Oh well.

Another submission is on its way... I apologize for not abiding by the "3 weeks in between" rule, but I am going to college in a few days.

yh

http://www.snesmusic.org/spcsets/ts.rsn - "Zue" (ts-25.spc)

I've certainly heard better sounds used by Young in the past, but this was definitely some quality rearrangement beyond the time signature change, including plenty of instrumental variation. I also could have gone for the bassline being more prominent as well as the percussion being thicker, but the overall product is solid work. Though this doesn't stand out to me versus Ziwtra's other mixes, it's cool stuff nonetheless.

YES