Liontamer

Contact Information

* Your ReMixer name : 8 Bit Instrumental

* Your email addres: 8bitvgm@gmail.com

* Your websit: 8bitinstrumental.com

Submission Information

* Name of game(s) arranged: Super Metroid

* Name of individual song(s) arranged: Brinstar 1

* Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.

On this arrangement we where inspired by the little phrase on the middle that uses the minor seventh and the first tones of the minor scale, which is also a traditionally used on “capoeira” (that is a kind of fight style originally from Brazil). So in we use a traditional instrument from “capoeira” that it is called Berimbau. So we decided to not use the B section of the original music because it was not in the same mood, so we use only the one part of the original music. Anyways this is a very kind of chill out tune with acoustic guitars, soft drums cool bass, guitar with some reverb to help up on the mood, some soft drums and the Berimbau. Of course the name that we decide for the song its totally inspired on the Berimbau.

--

=x= 8 Bit Instrumental =x=

Site Oficial: www.8bitinstrumental.com

MySpace: www.myspace.com/8bitvgm

LastFM: www.lastfm.com/music/8+bit+instrumental

Fotologs:

www.fotolog.com/8bitvgm

www.fotolog.com/banda8bit

Comunidade no orkut: http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=24327707

---------------------------------------------------------------

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=sm - "Brinstar Overgrown with Vegetation Area" (sm-19.spc)

Getting the negative stuff out of the way, I thought the 1:27-2:02 section was boring. Aside from that though, I thought this was nice and mellow and a cool take on the theme. Short and sweet, this is some good work from 8 Bit Instrumental that doesn't reinvent the wheel; instead, it takes a familiar theme and gives it a laid back makeover. Good stuff.

YES

I love the stark, contemplative approach taken here. Gorgeous mood, very intimate. This could have easily been boring, but the small details in the live playing and the short length make it perfect background music that doesn't overstay its welcome. I would have loved to see some light hand percussion in the section Larry mentioned, but I'll live without it. Thanks for sharing this, guys.

YES

Thought it sounded a bit too loose at times, especially the ghost snare hits that doesn't sync up with the rest of the band. Overall though the playing was cool and the berimbau a very welcome element. Arrangement won't change the world but I thought it worked, especially considering the unique instrumentation and human performance. Production was cool. Could've been a bit cleaner but the closeness and warmth works very well and makes the track feel very intimate.

YES

There are some weird production choices, mainly the sound of the snare, and the indistinctness of a few instruments and rhythms, but the vibe this track gives is pretty good. There are enough textures and overlapping rhythms to give a unique feel to it, and the looseness gave it a lot more interest. I am pretty certain if this has been all sequenced and tighter, it wouldn't have the charm behind it, and I'd probably go no.

But there is beauty in imperfection, and the soundscape is cool. It feels like it was done all live in 1 take. :-)

yes