* Your real name - Elan Hickler

* Your email address - Argitoth@gmail.com

* Your website - www.elanhickler.com

* Your userid - 17225

Submission Information

* Name of game(s) arranged - Ultima Online: Renaissance

* Name of individual song(s) arranged - Vesper

* Link to the original soundtrack -

Personal comments: I've always loved Ultima Online music. There are emotions, themes, and expressions that the original composer could only hint at with the midi files. My goal with any remix is to take those hints and express them as strongly as possible.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ultima Online: Renaissance - "Vesper" (arranged version by Dinaris Techarin)

Interesting take. The classical instrumentation wasn't hugely different from Dinaris Techarin's version at Techarin's Music Hall, but the dynamics were more pronounced and the mood was more genteel. Good stuff, IMO.

2:17-2:41 was arguably too quiet given the intensity of some of the instruments. Didn't seem realistic to me at all. I would have bumped the volume on that up a bit, as I don't think it would have undermined the dynamics.

Otherwise awesome stuff; just fix the ending at 4:40 cutting off a little abruptly. Provided the MIDI confirms this is good to go, and that's looking pretty sure from the sound of this excellent arrangement, welcome aboard, Elan!

YES

• 1 month later...

Loved the first minute. Really pretty source, and you did very well with the dynamics, it's very moving. Arrangement seems a little on the conservative part... It does seem a bit empty at times, and it certainly could stand to be filled out a bit more, and it could really use some more low-end. 3:20 is about the first place that we hear some real, full, sound, but unfortunately, the timpani are pretty durn muddy.

I'm actually a little on the fence here, because this could use some tweeks, like filling out the section Larry pointed out, but all in all, the arrangement and sequencing here are really great. There's excellent variance in tempo and dynamics, which I think really compromise for the places where the instrumentation is on the weak side.

I've been feeling sympathetic lately, simply because this is such a compelling remix. That being said, I will say it's kind of a borderline call, seeing as the reverb could be addressed in a few places, and I think overall, there could be more bottom to the mix.

YES

Reminds me a bit of Soule's score for Oblivion in the beginning.

Very pretty beginning, the harp + glockenspiel combo is one I often emply myself because of how pretty it sounds. Instruments sounds good in general but they seem to be lacking presence, may be the reverb or some strange EQ treatment. It's too bad because of the sparse instrumentation.. timpani's sound muddy too like Big Giant Jimmy pointed out.

Arrangement seems a bit conservative to me but not enough for it to be a dealbreaker. For the most parts the instrumentation is good for example, it's the production holding it back not the arrangement. Nice sense of dynamics too.

For me this is a really tough decision.. The arrangement is good but not stellar and the production could probably be touched up a bit.. Is it worth a conditional? *listens a few times*

Okay, it's very pretty and it's just good enough,

YES(borderline)